A big score for my 57’

picture is clear if you are tripping

get on the bus and you will understand

the bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began, there was cowboy Neal at the wheel of the bus to never never land

I've been to the electric kool aid acid test too, with Dave, Tim, Ken, Ron and the gang. Back in my "On the road" days. Perhaps we crossed paths then. LOL.

Hell.... For a long time that's how I thought hemi's looked. :wideyed:

Now I don’t know what the heck to do. A guy just walked through the door and sold me this “poly” setup. I guess try them and see what it likes!?
image.jpg

cool old setup , 94's are holley inside . same as ford flatheads in the fifties . i like if you want to sell pm me . this algon injection for an early chrysler hemi walked in to my shop one day .
DSC04063.JPG

That is sweet!

The carbs appear to be Carter WCFBs used on the Chrysler 300Cs and Ds at least but the air cleaners appear to be from an inline setup from a Chrysler 300 E that used Carter AFBs - but maybe those air cleaners were used on some cars before 1959..............

300E:

227054_Engine_Web.jpg

300C:

300C #3 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:
The carbs are the correct ones for 57 fury power pak. The jury is still out on the air cleaners.

Lads --
That style air cleaner first came out for the '58-'62 2X4V carbs on in-line manifolds (not the ram-induction versions of the '60s) in '58 Plymouths, Dodges, DeSotos, and Chryslers. They were later found on '59 Dodges, DeSotos, and Chryslers but didn't appear again in production optioned engines until the '62 300H. Reproduction versions are available nowadays at $675 a pair. In the 1957 model year, dual-four engines (i.e., 318 325, 341, 354, and 392) used the "saddle bag" type like those on my 300C.
Joe Godec

20190214135844355.jpg

This is my 1957-58 FSM. This poly clearly has WCFB carbs.
image.jpg

IMO the dual 4bbls are the way to go. They look Super Tuff and seem to be the natural selection. I think the triple carb setup is more at home on a hot rod, like a 5 window coup.

Not inexpensive but apparently someone in the WPC is selling reproduction air cleaners.

Reproduction Chrysler 300 air cleaners again available. Both round and
acsmall.jpg
oval styles to fit 58 thru 64 dual 4 bbl cars. Cleaners are steel as original and painted correct colors with correct decals, ready to bolt on. Priced at $675 per pair. Call Mike Burke at 517 869 2651 or email: [email protected] (05/11/07) Click on thumbnail for more photos. Editor's note - this seems to be a good price - we saw a set on Ebay Oct /07 from a vintage Mopar dealer ( we won't say who they are but they are well known for what many consider as very overpriced items ) and their "buy it now price" was over $1200.00 for an NOS set of these which were extremely shelf worn. Remember all the costs involved in tooling up to produce these beautiful reproductions - it's not cheap to do.

Back