1. moparjenny

moparjenny New Member

Hey, guys, stupid question time. :)

After replacing a couple coolant hoses a few weeks ago on my '67 VIP, I discovered this hose that's not connected to anything. I'm guessing maybe it's something to do with the A/C? The car currently doesn't have A/C equipped but originally had it.

IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG

Also, this tube had a hose just kind of dangling off it -- no hose clamps or anything. So I'm not sure if it's related or if it's even supposed to connect to something?

IMG_1766.JPG

Thanks, guys! :)

2. 70bigblockdodge

70bigblockdodge Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

A/C return hose or suction side if reading the FSM. The little tube under the fan motor is the HVAC drain.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. jct

jct Senior Member

i do believe that's the air vent for the blower motor it self or a drip drain from the fan motor

4. 1978 NYB

1978 NYB Warfighter FCBO Gold Member

My Photo Garage
    It's not too hard to put it back together and get it working again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. moparjenny

moparjenny New Member

Maybe someday! I'm not too worried about it for now. lol

6. 73Coupe

73Coupe Well-Known Member

What parts are missing? The compressor? You can get one from rock auto, or even a used one from a swap meet or somebody here and rebuild it. If you stay with R-12, then the hard part will be finding an EPR valve, which is a plug like thing that slips in the rear bung of the compressor, suction side.
    Note also that you have the solid liquid line mounted on the LH inner fender, which is connected to the expansion valve at the fire wall.

7. BillGrissom

BillGrissom Active Member

When you get to restoring the AC, I would keep all the under-dash parts, plus that suction hose w/ expansion valve. I would use a Sanden compressor (smaller, more efficient, inexpensive) as most restorer do. You can buy brackets at Bouchillon Performance and others for your BB or RB engine. Replace the rubber hose, keeping the aft fitting and install a fwd fitting to match the compressor (usually #8 O-ring fitting).

There might have been a factory thin rubber 90 deg hose dropping down from that coolant drain tube, but not needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. moparjenny

moparjenny New Member

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, I think the only thing that's really missing is the compressor, but I'd have to really look.

For now, I just enjoy the breeze from having all of the windows rolled down. :)