A/C hose?

moparjenny

Reaction score
Hey, guys, stupid question time. :)

After replacing a couple coolant hoses a few weeks ago on my '67 VIP, I discovered this hose that's not connected to anything. I'm guessing maybe it's something to do with the A/C? The car currently doesn't have A/C equipped but originally had it.

IMG_1763.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

Also, this tube had a hose just kind of dangling off it -- no hose clamps or anything. So I'm not sure if it's related or if it's even supposed to connect to something?

IMG_1766.JPG

Thanks, guys! :)

i do believe that's the air vent for the blower motor it self or a drip drain from the fan motor

Hey, guys, stupid question time. :)

After replacing a couple coolant hoses a few weeks ago on my '67 VIP, I discovered this hose that's not connected to anything. I'm guessing maybe it's something to do with the A/C? The car currently doesn't have A/C equipped but originally had it.

View attachment 241216
View attachment 241217

Also, this tube had a hose just kind of dangling off it -- no hose clamps or anything. So I'm not sure if it's related or if it's even supposed to connect to something?

View attachment 241215

Thanks, guys! :)

It's not too hard to put it back together and get it working again.

What parts are missing? The compressor? You can get one from rock auto, or even a used one from a swap meet or somebody here and rebuild it. If you stay with R-12, then the hard part will be finding an EPR valve, which is a plug like thing that slips in the rear bung of the compressor, suction side.
Note also that you have the solid liquid line mounted on the LH inner fender, which is connected to the expansion valve at the fire wall.

When you get to restoring the AC, I would keep all the under-dash parts, plus that suction hose w/ expansion valve. I would use a Sanden compressor (smaller, more efficient, inexpensive) as most restorer do. You can buy brackets at Bouchillon Performance and others for your BB or RB engine. Replace the rubber hose, keeping the aft fitting and install a fwd fitting to match the compressor (usually #8 O-ring fitting).

There might have been a factory thin rubber 90 deg hose dropping down from that coolant drain tube, but not needed.

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, I think the only thing that's really missing is the compressor, but I'd have to really look.

For now, I just enjoy the breeze from having all of the windows rolled down. :)

Back