A Little Eye Candy

BIRD

Reaction score
came across this beauty in final stages of restoration.. Was getting a repaint as it was painted in pieces and the paint match was not perfect..
Someone has done a nice job.
426 Hemi Twin fours Cross Ram, 4 speed..
(not an original car but excellent re-creation)
Thought pictures are worth sharing.
IMG_0665 (2).JPG
IMG_0667 (2).JPG
IMG_0668 (2).JPG
IMG_0669 (2).JPG
IMG_0672 (2).JPG
IMG_0673 (2).JPG

IMG_0671 (2).JPG

came across this beauty in final stages of restoration.. Was getting a repaint as it was painted in pieces and the paint match was not perfect..
Someone has done a nice job.
426 Hemi Twin fours Cross Ram, 4 speed..
(not an original car but excellent re-creation)

Where is the Hemi........? :wideyed:
That looks like a 426 wedge......

That is a stage manifold on an RB series engine, not a Hemi. It does have a period correct tach, stage clone with appropriate trunk battery mount. Factory racers did not have a headliner, rear seat or trunk mat. High end ones had aluminum front fenders and Pyrex glass. Many were also acid dipped to lighten the body by the various race teams. Also had no radio, heater and a single front bucket seat. 4 speed or race ready 727 auto.

Dave

Last edited:
my apologies for saying Hemi.. took the word of one of the folks at that shop who said it was a hemi... should have been more observant of what the picture shows ,..thanks to Xenon and Dave for being on top of it.

Maybe he told you it,s a 1963 dodge 330 (hemi 4 speed)......

I'm in love. While this the C body forum I have a 1963 Dodge 330 and would love to see mine in a similar condition. Well done!

Cheers Brett

What are the tubes coming out the battery vents all about? Never seen that before.

What are the tubes coming out the battery vents all about? Never seen that before.

That was to keep battery gasses out of the trunk where the corrosive effects would rust the inside of the trunk. Also prevented liquid electrolyte from slopping out of the battery on hard acceleration, such as wheel stands. Stage cars with the trunk mount for the battery mostly all had this style tubing.

Dave

That was to keep battery gasses out of the trunk where the corrosive effects would rust the inside of the trunk. Also prevented liquid electrolyte from slopping out of the battery on hard acceleration, such as wheel stands. Stage cars with the trunk mount for the battery mostly all had this style tubing.

Dave
Cool, thanks for the info!

just a few more pictures as it is prepped and gets new and "more perfect" coat of paint.
Hope to get pictures to share after it is all back together.
The car is built to be a drag car.. hence, radio and heater delete.
IMG_0734 (2).JPG
IMG_0735 (2).JPG
IMG_0736 (2).JPG
IMG_0757 (3).JPG
IMG_0758 (3).JPG
IMG_0759 (3).JPG
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG

out of the paint shop and on its way.. these are that pictures I was able to get.
IMG_E0775.JPG
IMG_E0776.JPG
IMG_0777 (1).JPG
IMG_0778 (2).JPG

Back