A newbie from Australia

itsracin

Reaction score
Hi all... My name is Chad and I reside in Brisbane Australia.

I have just taken delivery of a 1965 Plymouth Fury 111 wagon.
I had it shipped from New Zealand where the guy I got it from got it shipped from Vegas.
When I opened the glove box I was so surprised to have every document from 1965 through to now..what history.
I now have to source a few parts to be able to put the wagon on the road, and as there are not a lot of these here in OZ I have joined here to help me source and increase my knowledge of these. This is my first Mopar as I have been a Ford man all my life. I wanted something different and when I went to New Zealand 2 years ago and meet the guy who owned it and drove it and fell in love with it. It was for sale but price was to high exspecially as I was to ship it home. Went over again this year and again drove it and still wanted it, but price still to high.
I got back home and a month later he messaged me and gave me a price I couldn't pass up. Now it sits in my garage.
Now to source parts and get cruising

20141004_174416.jpg

20140726_112622.jpg

Welcome aboard! I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers that wagon. Congrats on the new acquisition...is that your Falcon Ute as well?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Love the wagon and it is familiar.

When you all say familiar...where....
Another question I have is, there are no seat belts in the back of the rear bench seat, can anyone verify that they came out with seat belts in the rear please?

Toward the top of the page under "community" there is a member map. And by familiar I mean if I've seen a C-body wagon on the Internet it was on this forum. I'm thinking the previous owner must have posted it up here.

When you all say familiar...where....
Another question I have is, there are no seat belts in the back of the rear bench seat, can anyone verify that they came out with seat belts in the rear please?

Some of remember this car being posted for sale here in the USA a few years ago. Could you post up a few more pics of the wagon?

As for rear seat belts, I know they were optional up until 66-67? I remember looking a 66 Polara for sale...it had no seat belts...and no provisions for them either.

If you pull the rear bench seat, is there any bolts, or bolt holes that appear to have been removed in the floor? The seat belt bolts should be located right about at the meeting of the upper, and lower bench seat cushions.

Welcome!
I am sure that you will be able source most of the parts you need with help from members here. I have not been here long but there is a wealth of knowledge AND opinions!
There are a couple of other sights you might find useful:
forbbodiesonly.com
moparts.com
There are dozens but along with this sight I think these will address most of your questions/issues.

Hi Chad, nice wagon. Not sure what parts you're after but Jim Robinson in Victoria might be able to help you: http://www.dodgeparts.com.au/, he's scaled down his spare parts cars lately I believe, but still worth a try as sourcing parts from the US can be very costly when you consider shipping costs. Cheers.

Back