A Premium Car Worthy of When America Was Truly Great - And Now Available

I've never put a lot of weight on anything that comes out of a politician's mouth.
So you then do believe that climate change is real? Just not sure you or Dave answered my question?

Last edited:
I would wager that some of the same guys that rely on "science" to provide "evidence" that there is no God will also deny that Climate Change is real despite more than 90% of atmospheric scientists agreeing to that reality (the rest are likely to be the ones hired by the oil companies - you know, the "you pay, we say" group of scientists).
I'd venture to guess the majority of scientists are either Atheist or Agnostic and there is no reason to think climate scientists are different. And since as you mention most climate scientists support the idea of man made climate change it is probably unlikely that they would add a god variable to any of their climate models.

I'd venture to guess the majority of scientists are either Atheist or Agnostic and there is no reason to think climate scientists are different. And since as you mention most climate scientists support the idea of man made climate change it is probably unlikely that they would add a god variable to any of their climate models.

Still doesn't answer my question.

Steve, the climate has been changing since gravitational pull gathered space dust from The Big Bang into a solid sphere we now call Earth.

So you then do believe that climate change is real? Just not sure you or Dave answered my question?
I think that human activity has some impact on the earth's climate. Man is also incredibly adaptable and will survive. The problem is that may not be true for other species. We can probably learn a lot from the study of previous warm periods in earth's history.
Global Warming Natural Cycle — OSS Foundation

I think that human activity has some impact on the earth's climate. Man is also incredibly adaptable and will survive. The problem is that may not be true for other species. We can probably learn a lot from the study of previous warm periods in earth's history.
Global Warming Natural Cycle — OSS Foundation

The atmospheric scientists that I was referring to as a group feel we need to take dramatic steps now to curb climate change, otherwise we may not be able to recover from the dramatic impacts that even a 2 degree overall warming will cause on humans - changes in sea levels that will drown major cities, more catastrophic hurricanes and tornados that result from an unbalanced climate system, i.e. the things we have been seeing lately from Sandy, Harvey, Katrina, etc and the upsurge in the tornados in the midwest, etc. Recall that CO2 in the atmosphere has a life time of 100 years. So it sounds like you are disagreeing with the atmospheric scientists as a whole and siding with the group that maintains "we need more information to take action" - which in political parlance at least means we don't need to do anything for some time yet? I had to work with these scientists in my last job of 31 years, so I have a good sense of where they are at. And the oil companies.

IMG_4345.JPG
:poke:

Somebody call the "off topic police" 411 in progress!!!!!

So it sounds like you are disagreeing with the atmospheric scientists as a whole and siding with the group that maintains "we need more information to take action"
You read a lot into what I wrote that isn't there. Am I concerned? Yes. To the point of running around like Chicken Little and invoking a carbon tax. Absolutely not! We need to continue to invest in research of alternative energy sources. We should also be using what we have like nuclear energy. Please tell me why are you interested in what I think about this particular topic?

You read a lot into what I wrote that isn't there. Am I concerned? Yes. To the point of running around like Chicken Little and invoking a carbon tax. Absolutely not! We need to continue to invest in research of alternative energy sources. We should also be using what we have like nuclear energy. Please tell me why are you interested in what I think about this particular topic?

I was just interested in how much faith you put in scientific research if it doesn't comport with your beliefs. An overhwhelming preponderance of climate scientists firmly believe we need to take dramatic action now such as a carbon tax or tighter standards on automotive CO2 (via vehicle fuel economy) standards. Virtually the only ones on the fence are the ones whose research is financed by the oil companies. But being in Canada, maybe you are not all that aware of the research going on either. Thank you for your responses. I personally do consider scientific research as very compelling in any decision and that does rely on "the scientific method".

But the people whom you have put forth in your videos do not meet the standards of proof that I would need to see to believe their conclusions, and they really aren't scientists either from what I can tell.

But yeah, this has been more than enough.

Dang Trev, good thing that Daytona isn't driven much given its pristine appearance. It would cause another Harvey by itself! :thumbsup:

Did you do that one too? Beautiful!

you know how seldom I disagree with you Steve.

But this Daytona has two big faults.
15" Ford wheels and radial tires.

Carsten

you know how seldom I disagree with you Steve.

But this Daytona has two big faults.
15" Ford wheels and radial tires.

Carsten

You know I am pretty much a diehard purist, but when it comes to 14" wheels, they never look good on anything to me. So any 15" wheel would look better to me and as for tires, I would never drive on bias plies - they would only be for show (and I wouldn't want to bother with changing them for a show anyway). Bias plies take all the fun out of driving compared to radials. I will never put 14" wheels on any of my cars unless I decide to keep the original wheel cover (like on my 300L - and then you can't generally get a 14" white wall tire in the largest sizes either unless you want to pay too much money for them). At least the Hemis had 15" wheels, so I guess I would just have to get a Hemi Daytona! :rofl:

But yes, I know you actually drive your cars on correct 14" wheels and bias ply tires, and you don't care if they look really nice. So I am actually a long way from where you are at!

But that is OK - I accept you as you are. Even if it doesn't work the other way! :poke:

But we can agree that B7 blue 300 convertibles are more desirable than crimson ones! :thumbsup:

So you disagree with our President that climate change is a hoax perpretrated by the Chinese to wreck our economy?

It think that's probably a necessarily simplistic way of summing up what's truly driving this "climate concern". Old-world European aristocracy profiting from the transfer of wealth from one region to another. They've made their money in the "new world", now it's time to transfer wealth and re-colonize Asia. Yes, of course the Asians themselves will benefit (just as Americans did from the 1750s-to-present) but the power behind it will come from centuries-old nobility.

Oh and what of climate change? It's a scarcely noticeable loop of a natural cycle that can be hijacked to pull the money-train.

If I was a fur-trader in 19th century Canada, I'd run around in July reminding everyone that it will be cold again. Buy your pelts now, I might be out of stock in October!

Last edited:

But the people whom you have put forth in your videos do not meet the standards of proof that I would need to see to believe their conclusions, and they really aren't scientists either from what I can tell.

But yeah, this has been more than enough.
If you go back and read my previous posts I've already countered this argument regarding reversal of onus. It's actually quite humorous that a religious apologist is demanding the use of the scientific method while engaging in blind faith. I suppose that is what is called cognitive dissonance. But you are right I'm done with this discussion.

[QUOTE="saforwardlook,
But we can agree that B7 blue 300 convertibles are more desirable than crimson ones! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is an opinion. If nothing else, there are two standards. Convertibles and pick ups always look best in red. Blue is for police cars

[QUOTE="saforwardlook,
But we can agree that B7 blue 300 convertibles are more desirable than crimson ones! :thumbsup:

Now THAT is an opinion. If nothing else, there are two standards. Convertibles and pick ups always look best in red. Blue is for police cars[/QUOTE]

Oh, oh, you mentioned convertibles and I don't have to even look to see who disagreed with you...:mob:

Back