For Sale A (sad) 1971 Plymouth Fury III Florida State HP Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factorial

Reaction score
Contact seller
Ad says:

This was a 1971 Plymouth Fury III Florida State HP Car. I am selling the Body only. It has the 8 3/4 Sure-Grip Rear end, Heavy Duty Suspension & Front Disc brakes, and the Certified Speedometer. It has the normal rust from Region it was used in. Glass/Trims is good. Front/Rear bumpers are good. No Title. Interior is rough. Would be a cool Car to restore.

s-l1600.jpg

1971 Plymouth Fury | eBay

wow green color outside and even green mold on the dash switches........the first monochromatic car made???

I vote for saving it,.....although I am not afraid of big projects,....because I'm nuts.

It's a rare one,....not many around.

Notice the factory B-body steering wheel and full horn ring....rare!

You know this is one of those rare instances where I would say the exterior looks way better than the interior. Of course replacing a C body interior is not all that easy as much needs to be fabricated from scratch. Unlike my Mustang interior where everything was replaced except the wheel, the console, the A pillar cushions and all else repro and NOS dealer.

Not for me but looks like the car for fc7_plumcrazy and then give one rusty lug nut to Stan for planting in the ground with some magic words...

You'd say that about any Fuselage if shown just the rusty remaining lugnut. :rofl:

I rather spent a lot of work, time and money and save a really rare car than an average one in better condition. A k-code police car with U-code E86 engine is one of those that deserves it to be restored. Or at least saved "as is" before it continues to destroy further.

From that point of view guys like Dan Corley (the most famous v-code Fury project advertiser) have done good work.

Carsten

I rather spent a lot of work, time and money and save a really rare car than an average one in better condition. A k-code police car with U-code E86 engine is one of those that deserves it to be restored. Or at least saved "as is" before it continues to destroy further.

From that point of view guys like Dan Corley (the most famous v-code Fury project advertiser) have done good work.

Carsten
Trust me, Carston, I do thank god there are guys like you. ☺️

Without knowing how the seller comes upon a car if the seller does not have the place to store a car till somebody buys it or the money to fix it up sell it for parts etc...

Economics 101, nobody is stepping up to buy all these cars so it is a necessary evil, at least the parts are going to save another car. I guess I'm tired of hearing save it, save it, save it from people and probably not from people that have even saved more than the one they have.

I have had to practically give cars away because I had nowhere to keep them while I tried to sell them.

Alan

I have had to practically give cars away because I had nowhere to keep them while I tried to sell them.

Alan

I am sure there are thousands upon thousands of cars like this sitting while waiting for buyers and they will forever sit. Could be no interest in model, no interest in a project, could very well be too old to take up a project, could be no buyers anywhere in the surrounding area, and could be many times no place to store the car since most don't have barns, super large garages or acres of land to hide it. Actually that describes much of California where I see tons of cars along 99, North of Sacramento, sitting lined up in large dirt fenced yards. No buyers out there and no buyers in the greater Bay Area now due to wrong demographics and lack of storage space. Just try to sell a mid 50's anything, except a tri-five Chevy, around here. Impossible.

I still maintain there are only so many finite buyers out there with the number declining bit by it every year. The Golden Goose just doesn't keep on giving. Last night I read the commentary in the last Mustang Monthly I will ever get before I threw the crap away. Opinion writer is making the case that the $2000 67 GTA he sold 17 years ago is now worth $35,000 and is better than a typical retirement account. Being as how he is in his mid-50's I don't think he will see the day the car hits $70,000 if ever. I also don't think $70,000 will get you far in 2035. If he wants a secure return then buy real estate which is forever. Cars are a passing fad in the bigger scheme of things.

I like it, but then again I like most American Mopar police cars. The rest of the photos for the record:

Car is located in Aiken, South Carolina.
Ebay seller ID: "airforrest" (100% feedback)

s-l1601.jpg
s-l1602.jpg
s-l1603.jpg
s-l1604.jpg
s-l1607.jpg
s-l1608.jpg
s-l1609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back