NOT MINE A wagon with a stick

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Not mine

1976 Dodge Aspen Wagon · Wago

Screenshot_20230123_093843.jpg

I had a sedan version of that car, same color. One main difference being it had an automatic. I never liked the car and little things like the headliner falling down didn't help.

My (first) wife dropped me off at the dentist to have a tooth pulled. She had to run to the store and since cars always broke while she was driving, the trans decided to go south in short trip (less than a mile) and I ended up being stranded, standing in the parking lot over an hour while the Novocain was wearing off. I really despised that car after that... and refused to even consider repairing it. That memory comes back every time I see one.

The car was known as the "*** Pain".

you need another to help you remember the great times you had with your F body
Most of the early ones had mismatched paint on the front fenders. Chrysler had to recall them and put new fenders on because they rusted within months of delivery.

Just one more fun fact about these cars.

And when the Plymouth version gets mentioned...

The 1976 F-bodies were notorious for being rusty right off the transport. By 1978, the rust issues had been pretty-well fixed and contained, but the rep for rust was forever a part of the F-body story. I had a '79 Volare' coupe years ago; it was a 225/four-speed with air and Rallyes. Nice car with maybe 75K miles that I sold to a neighbor kid as his first car. He drove the hell out of that all through HS and then vocational school.

The wagon in question is obviously a CoPart car someone picked up (probably for $500) and trying to flip for 9x the money.

Another F body story.... This was in a Aspen Wagon with a stick too...

Years ago, I had a minor fender bender with my '76 NYB and I had popped a front brake hose during the panic stop. Probably would not have hit had that not happened, but I digress... Had the car towed to my buddy's shop and he tossed me the keys to his Aspen Wagon that was used for a shop car.

All that car had to do was get me home.... It blew a fricking tire about halfway there and almost put me in the ditch. Since I was out on the road and in a really crappy place to change it, I was invited to change it in the driveway of one of the folks that lived there... Which I graciously accepted. As I was getting the spare out, I was telling the story of crashing the NYB. The guy at the house told his wife to go inside and get me a beer and he said "go sit in that lawn chair while I change the tire". He said I'd had enough fun for the day and looked like I needed to sit and drink a beer.

I had a sedan version of that car, same color. One main difference being it had an automatic. I never liked the car and little things like the headliner falling down didn't help.

My (first) wife dropped me off at the dentist to have a tooth pulled. She had to run to the store and since cars always broke while she was driving, the trans decided to go south in short trip (less than a mile) and I ended up being stranded, standing in the parking lot over an hour while the Novocain was wearing off. I really despised that car after that... and refused to even consider repairing it. That memory comes back every time I see one.

The car was known as the "*** Pain".
Hated by association. They are all guilty as far as I'm concerned. This is how I feel about K wagons.
We "borrowed" one when I was a teenager. It was also a stick that you had to push down like a VW to get in reverse. A truck with a low boy was cutting across my lane at a stop sign and I could
See he was going to hit me. I couldn't figure out how to get it in reverse and just had to sit and take the hit which then led to the post borrowing permission thing.

The years later an old guy having insulin shock side swiped my entire truck on the curb side while he was driving down the sidewalk in a K wagon.

I have grown to appreciate K cars but the wagons can kiss my ***.

Someone should buy that, not touch a damn thing on the appearance. No queer scoops. No after market wheels, no racing seats. No paint job. Nada. and put a really hot Small block in it. With some low gears, and go spank the **** out of some people with their prized 60, 70k Cars.

Someone should buy that, not touch a damn thing on the appearance. No queer scoops. No after market wheels, no racing seats. No paint job. Nada. and put a really hot Small block in it. With some low gears, and go spank the **** out of some people with their prized 60, 70k Cars.
R5P7 for the win! :thumbsup:

Kevin

Back