A4 Silver on a 69 300 - How Common?

dart1962_440

Reaction score
I looked at a green 69 300 yesterday and it turns out it was originally A4 silver. Anyone have an idea on what percentage of cars were A4?

Another odd thing about the car - factory green interior & green vinyl roof. Seems to be pretty unique. Trying to grasp how that combo would look.

Thanks

Pat

I have a 69 300 coupe in A4 and there,s another member from Sweden or Finland with one…..he has one with red interior.
A4 platinum silver with green interior and vinyltop??......don,t like that color-combo...…:wideyed:

There was another one (1970 though) shown on this site for sale in Pennsylvania about 3 years ago now. It was A4 with a black vinyl top/interior, but it also was rusty and I doubt anyone actually ended up saving it despite its low price. They are indeed rare but I don't know why - I think they are cool. But green vinyl top/interior is a poor combo IMO. I really can't think of any color vinyl top besides black that would look good on them except maybe dark blue?

There is an unwritten rule in Dealerships to never pair Earth Tones with Silver/Grey cars in other words don't put brown seats in a Silver car etc. Cold colors like Blue/Black/Red/Grey yes, Green/Brown/Yellow/Orange with Silver? Vorboten....

The only exception is high end interiors like Sepia or Laguna/Alcantara and even then it better make it go faster LOL

A4 silver is pretty rare on any Mopar. I'm not sure why as it looks great with a red, blue or green interior. I've only ever seen a handful of 69/70 cars that were factory A4.

A4 was, I think, an extra cost option, was it something like hand rubbed or some such?

I have a 69 300 coupe in A4 and there,s another member from Sweden or Finland with one…..he has one with red interior.
A4 platinum silver with green interior and vinyltop??......don,t like that color-combo...…:wideyed:

Silver fuselage 300 with red interior? YES PLEASE! Is it the burnt orange? I didn't think fusies came with red inside. Pics?

Silver fuselage 300 with red interior? YES PLEASE! Is it the burnt orange? I didn't think fusies came with red inside. Pics?

Not burnt orange…….more dark red...…M4E is the color code. https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1969/69_300_0003.jpg

97bc983f-857b-42a3-8ebd-7f1bb52893e8-jpeg.jpg

b6d9b639-820e-48a0-bb97-4a436f57da59-jpeg.jpg

6c66df2b-2ed9-4b33-8661-d5567bb3fa7f-jpeg.jpg

63a8b71c-6ebd-4025-8058-8a958aad1048-jpeg.jpg

That is a great car! Looks like in true Chrysler tradition the odd part wasn't produced in the correct colour and they threw whatever's close enough. The armrests and kick panel vents sure stick out. Thanks for the great photos!

That is a great car! Looks like in true Chrysler tradition the odd part wasn't produced in the correct colour and they threw whatever's close enough. The armrests and kick panel vents sure stick out. Thanks for the great photos!

Originally it would've had colour matched armrests to match the rest of the interior. Years ago I looked at a 69 300 that was TX9 with a white vinyl top and a red interior. All of the interior was red besides the center section on the steering wheel.
Bottom line is, A4 is rare on its own in either 1969 or 1970. I'm amazed any of the factory A4 cars survived. Red interiors were a 1969 only option on Plymouth and Chrysler's, which makes the one overseas a pretty cool find.

It´s in Tornio, Finland.

My car was originally that color. If I can ever afford to paint it it will be again!! What I won't to is return the top to black.

P1010008.JPG

Found pics of this silver / blue combo. It is for sale as you see it.
received_3502462846437263.jpeg
received_1104281886591772.jpeg
received_148192176634041.jpeg

Last edited:
A4 silver with a white gut....seems like that might look a little washed out IMO. ;)

There was a 72 fury 2dr posted awhile back ,silver w white interior. I thought that was a great color combo. Cant seem to find those pics.

Back