Accelerator Cabling and Brackets/ Hardware

68Beast

Reaction score
New to the forum and have heard it’s a great place to get help. Doing a restoration on my fathers old 1968 Plymouth Fury II. A lot of sentimental love for this old beast since I learned to drive in it. You name it and we’ve replaced it. Changed out the old 318 for a 360. The original ran on propane since my father owned a propane dealership. Went back to gasoline when we switched out motors. Having a royal fit trying to find replacement cabling and brackets for the accelerator and Edelbrock 4bbl carb setup. Seeking help! Any places out there that sell these?

How much of the kickdown linkage do you have? Pics would be helpful here

Lokar, they offer a setup for 727 torque flight. Images and instructions on their website

Of course, the "bad" thing is that no 318s in that time frame had factory 4bbls, and 360 4bbls were TQuads and not AFB/AVS (as only the AFB carbs came on those cars, back then) carbs. So looking for a B or E-body 340 set-up might be operative, just that the kickdown linkage changed in pieces from the early times to the later times. Threaded rods evolved into a "slip-fit-adjustment" tube set-up. But if the 318 had an existing 4bbl on it, was it the CNG conversion that made the difference? As normally going from a 318 to 360 should not be an issue, I suspect.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back