Accessory problems

m0par0rn0car

Reaction score
I was working on my 69 Plymouth fury 3 yesterday and noticed that all the accessories (wipers, blower motor, turn signals) work when the key is in accessory or on but once the engine is running nothing works. I've looked through a wring diagram but I'm not very good with electrical and can't figure it out

With the engine running,wiggle the key back without shutting off engine,see what happens.
1969 ignition switches are one year only and are known to act up.

If you had not done so already..
Under the hood run a 10 gauge wire from the battery output stud back of alternator (7/16" nut) and with a fusible link (14 gauge) connect it at the battery stud of starter relay.
This makes a loop in the system and takes 50% away from the ammeter gauge and powers up anything on the"switched" side when ignition switch is "on".
Also prevents any nuclear meltdowns but still keep an extinguisher handy,LOL!!
Clean all of the connections in the bulkhead mounted on the firewall--if you had not done so already.
Hope this helps

I know this was a while ago but I was just looking through some old threads and noticed this. I never actually got around to running that wire because I got the key to work and thought that it was all good. A couple months later I drove the car from michigan to florida and around knoxville on the way back it actually did have a little melt down and burned up the wiring harness behind the dash pretty good. I’m in the process of making a new one because I can’t find one anywhere but I thought it was funny how I didn’t listen and really did get bit

I know this was a while ago but I was just looking through some old threads and noticed this. I never actually got around to running that wire because I got the key to work and thought that it was all good. A couple months later I drove the car from michigan to florida and around knoxville on the way back it actually did have a little melt down and burned up the wiring harness behind the dash pretty good. I’m in the process of making a new one because I can’t find one anywhere but I thought it was funny how I didn’t listen and really did get bit
Contact Nick Winter aka
'69FuryIIIConvertible
He just finished chopping up 2 69 parts cars and may have a workable harness.
Tell him I sent ya.
-PAXP-deijE.gif
80565373_10221151471753824_1093729566708465664_n.jpg
81318178_10221151475873927_3362794148196253696_n.jpg

Back