ACGlobal heater cores?

SuperDave

Reaction score
Got my "stimulus" check, time to throw some of it at the Turd. ACGlobal (a.k.a. ccsautoparts on eBay) has offered me $10 off for a heater core I've been watching to fit my 73 Newport. Before I click Add To Cart, I wanted to check back here to confirm the fit. It seems that sometime ago, someone worked with them to help put together a part (AC or HC) to ensure fitness without having to grind or hack anything up. Now I can't find the post.

Help? Please? I don't want to drop a good chunk of money into a part, tear down my car only to find out it won't fit without major surgery or waiting 2 months or more to send it back, wait for replacement, etc. all the while critters make their way into my ride and make themselves at home.

I can live without AC. But not having a heater or defrost is a disadvantage.

You will find the discussion of this issue in this thread.

You should be in good shape with AC Global based on Tim's results.

Let us know how it goes...................................

AC Global

If you want to read the whole discussion and how it evolved, you can spend a lot of time on this thread:

Wyatt convinced me to destroy my 71...

Last edited:
Thanks, that is what I wanted. I can now order with confidence knowing I can look forward to a no hassle install. Well, it'll still be a hassle working around an assembled engine, but I know it'll fit. Now to hunt down a blower and a heater control cable...

I would add that I do not believe there is any other order and drop in heater core available on the market for our cars. So if not for AC Global, we would have to fool around with finding a radiator shop competent enough to rebuild our old ones, and then hope and pray that their new assembly would even fit properly.

Back