Addco rear sway bar reviews? Anyone

NitrousTuner1

Reaction score
Have my 66 New Yorker that I'm interested in adding a bar. I know about the $400 kit from the other company. Not gonna spend that much on this driver.
ANYONE used Addco's?
I searched before posting and spent 20 min skimming through all kinds of posts with NOT 1 Real review or answer.
Thanks

I still have one sitting in my shop. It would not fit on my '66 300, they lie. My person opinion the $400 sway bar is worth every penny. I rebuilt the whole front end and replaced the rear leaf springs first.

Some additional reading. The PST sway bar is the same as the Addco. I discuss the problems I had with the sway bar you are referring to.

Rear sway bar question

Mildly old thread but I'll chime.

I agree 100% with Zymurgy, that Addco rear bar is a POS for a C-body. I tried one about 15 years ago and it didn't fit, went thru all the hassles he did, and his pics in that other thread are exactly what I experienced. The bar just simply will not install properly. I gave up and hanged it to my garage door rail -- it made a nice little rack to hang things for spray painting, and to store extra wire hanger for various uses.

About 5-7 years after that I bought another one, thinking maybe the design had been corrected, or maybe I had learned something new. But same result, just a no-go. Somewhere along the way I got rid of both bars.

I wish I had them back -- I live in a different house now and would like to have them in my garage to hang things on.

Have my 66 New Yorker that I'm interested in adding a bar. I know about the $400 kit from the other company. Not gonna spend that much on this driver.
ANYONE used Addco's?
I searched before posting and spent 20 min skimming through all kinds of posts with NOT 1 Real review or answer.
Thanks

Sway bars for C bodies have been discussed pretty extensively and pretty much same result as Zymurgy came to and others have in other threads ... skip the addco and go for the PST one

Back