Admiral at work

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The Admiral is helping me out with the house deck remodel. Those are 8' 1 X 6's and an 8' counter. The tail gate closes.

DSC03842.JPG

Exactly the reason why I bought my '96 Roadmaster wagon when GM announced the death of their B/C bodies.

I got 2, 10' 4" plastic pipe and 4, 10' 2" pipe in my 300m. Front seat laid out flat driver side rear seat down, put in through the trunk Whit a couple of hoodie sweatshirts protecting the dash and console I was surprised to be able to close the trunk lid. That is something I could not do in my POS Dodge 1500 with a useless 6.5' bed.

I had an '07 Impala company car that the back seat folded down and I was amazed at the amount of stuff I could get in it. It always surprised people to see me open the trunk and put an 8' 2X4 in it... 10' if you put it up on the dash.

Exactly the reason why I bought my '96 Roadmaster wagon when GM announced the death of their B/C bodies.
One of my customers had 5 or 6 of them in various states with at least 2 on the road at all times. One thing I learned was to never get him talking about them or I'd be there all day.

Ok, I couldn't close the trunk but the looks I got at Lowes, not sure if it was that I was sliding 8' 2x4 into the trunk of a car or that it was a nice car?

Alan

2010-08-29_001.jpg

This is why I want a wagon so bad. I only drive Goldie in the weekend or an occasional evening, but if I had a wagon I would work my painting business out of it all summer.

I would throw some ladders on top, set up a trailer hitch and haul a trailer when I need it, and write the whole thing off on my taxes. :)

DSC03842.JPG

Ok, I couldn't close the trunk but the looks I got at Lowes, not sure if it was that I was sliding 8' 2x4 into the trunk of a car or that it was a nice car?

Alan

2010-08-29_001.jpg
I'm going to go do that with the Hemi hood scoop and fenderwell headers if I ever get it going.

:stop: I wish I hadnt looked. This thread is exactly the reason wagons are so scarce :BangHead:

My buddy hauled a 70 Dart hood home in the trunk of his 68 Imperial, it was literally 3" from being in all the way and being able to shut.
Also the reason to bring ratchet straps and a moving blanket in case whatever it is has to go on the roof

My haulin' story iz not about ah LONG ROOF but ah '63 valiant V-200. When I waz chasin' thick wall 440z thru' the mid-late '80z, I'd pull into ah bone yard where I'd found one and quickly remove the 4 boltz that held the decklid on the hingez, open one of the back doorz and slide the decklid slide in on the floor and close the door and tell them to drop a fully dressed 440 into the trunk and then the fun would start. Man you'll never get outa the yard, It'll break the springz. waz heard often. I'd insist and they'd finally do it after sayin' we warned yeah! They could see that I had a piece of 1/2" plywood covering the trunk floor but what they didn't see and I never told 'um was that I had ah set of Gabriel air shocks on the back end that I'd pumped up to 90lbs before I left the ponderosa to retrieve the engine. They'd drop whole engine, headz, exhaustz, and all in the trunk and the little beast wouldn't even squat. I'd just push the "D" button and drive on out, smilin' all the way home. The Batwagon waz never called on to preform those dutyz how ever, but one of the 5 enginez I hauled home waz ah '67 Imperial thick wall, forged crank that preformed well under the Batwagoz hood! BTW, That V-200 waz my D.D. for almost 6 yearz, lol

Last edited:
I love this one. When I worked at Lo... um big box... during college I had a lady insist that her purchase would fit. So, per company policy I loaded it and:thumbsup: snapped this pic.
IMG_20140614_113859.jpg

Back