Adventures of SGT FURY

SGT FURY

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thought I would start a thread of some of the interesting things I come across at work,scrapyards,estate sales,wrecking yards,real estate clean ups etc. My post covid line of work is to haul scrap trailers to steel mills. I find myself coming across a lot of cool finds.

Came across this SS elcamino today. Console auto PW with original body colored wheels and poverty caps. Parked over 20 years ago. Has some (California)rust issues.

Neat find, what’s this ones fate?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Neat find, what’s this ones fate?
Gonna leave it where I found it. Owners wanted too much for it. 4K.
Opened hood today and it has a very original complete 396. 12 bolt rear. Still had smog pump on.
Has 67k miles, but has rust problems.
Also at this same place is a 1950 White truck flat bed out back.A 63/64 Nova also.
A very cool truck that I would love to have. Running when parked 20 years ago.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Picked up this 71 Honda motorcycle for scrap today. Don't know much about motorcycles.
Have a motor cycle guy that I usually call to sell to

I'm in. Love this kind of thread.
Ya never know what your gonna find.

image.jpeg
I enjoy what I do nowadays. Being a salvage/scrap hauler l come so many interesting things.
I just wish everybody else thought so! (neighbors,freinds,family)

When I dropped at scrapyard yesterday,there was this perfectly working excavator being destroyed. Driven on trailer,driven off trailer. Part of a California diesel buyback for 2007 and older. 2007 and older diesel large equipment will not be allowed to operate in California!
Buses,semi tractors,catapilars,etc. A struggling local speedway wanted to buy a working used steet sweeper for the racetrack and was told NO because it was a diesel on state fairgrounds.?

[QUOTE="SGT FURY,
Gonna leave it where I found it. Owners wanted too much for it. 4K.
Opened hood today and it has a very original complete 396. 12 bolt rear. Still had smog pump on.
Has 67k miles, but has rust problems.

You might want to rethink the El Camino Ken. A complete big block SS in good colors like this one is a pretty desirable item in the bow tie world. Take it home, wash it and target market it and it could bring 6/7K as is.

Last edited:
Oh how I wish I could have just one of those excavators that yal crush out there in Cali.
You don't know of any yards that will sell them out of state do you?

More Ca. stupidity and waste.

Is the White for sale?
Yes, I was told $1500 when I first got there.
After a few days working there I asked again and a relative told them not to take less than $4000. I imagine something between $1500-$4000 takes it.
I have to go back there tomarrow. If your serious I will get you a contact number.
Truck was running when parked in 2003

Oh how I wish I could have just one of those excavators that yal crush out there in Cali.
You don't know of any yards that will sell them out of state do you?
Once the equipment enters system there no getting it out. It has to be closely verified as disabled or destroyed. The new equipment dealers are in on it. It goes straight from dealer to scrap. There were a few slide back international tow trucks I knew of that went to Texas.
I can get all tractor tires you need,but nothing else.
I recently watch a perfectly good diesel city bus drive in and it had a new super charger on it.
Such a waste in the name of clean air to retire this equipment before its time. It creates pollution.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is the next place I have to help clean up. A fellow car enthusiast hoarder who has to move.
A ford guy.
A 76 ford elite with actual 50k miles,buckets,console,tach.
59 ford back in day hot rod with 351 cleavland 4v 4 speed
58 2 dr
57 wagon two tone red white with thunderbird 312 4v engine option

Ohhh my so much good stuff.
How much would that White truck be worth in local scrap.
Old Ford truck, Tonka trucks, a 4 v Cleveland motor, WTF my head is going to explode.
I'm here debating on a rusty 77-78 Dodge dump truck and all that junk is in better shape.
I'm going to have to ignore this thread for my sanity.
If that truck is cheap enough I'll make it work. Can you bring it out to Ca Nv boarder if need be?

View attachment 451383 View attachment 451384 View attachment 451385 View attachment 451386 View attachment 451387 View attachment 451388 View attachment 451389 View attachment 451390 View attachment 451391 View attachment 451392 This is the next place I have to help clean up. A fellow car enthusiast hoarder who has to move.
A ford guy.
A 76 ford elite with actual 50k miles,buckets,console,tach.
59 ford back in day hot rod with 351 cleavland 4v 4 speed
58 2 dr
57 wagon two tone red white with thunderbird 312 4v engine option
The Cleveland is worth saving by itself

That 68 SS 396 is a one year only model. If untouched it's a gold mine. California rust is not the same as Midwest or eastern rust !!!!!

Back