After close to 20 years its back on the road

kenmdale

Reaction score
After close to 20 years ,it's back on the road . My father owned it for close to 20 years . After a serious fall in Florida last winter, we had to move him into a home . he had been losing interest in it for the last few years. It was approx. 60% done when I got it. Last week it went in for the safety check and is now legal for the road

There are still a few things left to do like getting some original rims for the Disc Brake Wheel covers i have, as well as a little more engine bay cleanup

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Congrats to completing the job and getting it back on the road. Sorry to hear about your Dad but hope he'll enjoy hearing it run and maybe getting a ride

Thanks
I'm at the stage that I call " Find the new leak game " . the longer it runs the more leaks there are to fix, but I am slowly repairing them all

Cheers

Ken

Congrats to completing the job and getting it back on the road. Sorry to hear about your Dad but hope he'll enjoy hearing it run and maybe getting a ride
He took a severe knock to the noggin, he doesn't remember owning the car, sometimes he doesn't even remember me

Ken

Awesome man. Glad you got it on the road. Enjoy it!

Sharp car, congrats on getting it back on the road. Sorry about your dad, you may think he doesn't remember owning the car but if you take him for a ride you never know what might come back. You really can't forget a sweet ride like that.

After close to 20 years ,it's back on the road . My father owned it for close to 20 years . After a serious fall in Florida last winter, we had to move him into a home . he had been losing interest in it for the last few years. It was approx. 60% done when I got it. Last week it went in for the safety check and is now legal for the road

There are still a few things left to do like getting some original rims for the Disc Brake Wheel covers i have, as well as a little more engine bay cleanup

View attachment 78729

View attachment 78730

View attachment 78731

View attachment 78732

A truly beautiful car. Way-ta-go with getting the car finished. Very sorry to hear about your dad's health issues.

Looks great, congrats! I hope your dad recovers.

We were visiting him the other day and happened to look over at the wall beside his bed and saw that he had taken apart the thermostat mounted on the wall, that was the kind of thing that was typical of him before his accident. He didn't know what had happened to it.

He loved to take things apart, not so good putting things back together again

Before we knew the extent of the injury, we got a call from him stating that the stop sign was already bent before he hit it with the truck. That was his last day driving

I would like to thank this forum and all the members that have offered advice or opinions, including one who is no longer on this forum They have made the job a lot easier getting it on the road again

Cheers

Ken

Ken, just saw this... really sorry about your dad...

Really love what your doing with his ride... she is sweet.

Ken, G-d bless and I hope your dad recovers fully and congrats on the car. Good luck with both. Take your dad for a ride.

Back