after lots of searching found this 73 imperial

Imperial

1. ayilar

ayilar Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

Welcome to the board!

@Megawattkid, who is based in the center of the country, owns a B5 '73 with a white top.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr C

Mr C Senior Member

No theory...fact. It was the 5 mph collision mandate that gave birth to the big 73 bumper guards. I'd have to keep them because for me it's part of the era and I remember Uncle Joe's 73 Newport...it's part of the era for me for the 73s.

In 74 they could return to a more refined look because they incorporated the bumper shock system into the Formal era redesign (you can see it in action from the 74 brochure below).

14.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Moparwilks

Moparwilks Active Member

I love the 4 door hardtops with the windows down because you still get that look & im also not a big fan of 500lb doors. A 72 IMP will make nearly any color stunning.

4. ImpJay

ImpJay The different young

@Moparwilks

Other safety features than the bumper guards, the bumpers itself were dragged a bit out of the body in 73, therefore 72s have black plastic surrounds whereas 73s have greyish silver ones.

In 73 the bumpers had only to stand collisions, but in 74 the government mandated that the bumpers must be mounted on hydraulic ``shock absorbers``, so in the first year Chrysler Corp. was able to do the job with rubber blocks and bumpers away from the body.

Regarding that it´s the original color on the fender tag, sure yes.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Mr357M

Mr357M New Member

Beautiful car. More pictures please....

6. 78Brougham

78Brougham "Chump" FCBO Gold Member

So were Olive, Harvest Gold and Copper kitchen appliances. Your wife would kill you if you had that crap in your kitchen.:rofl: Just like those federally mandated pieces of crap that were forced on the manufacturers at the last minute... I would, and have, tossed them so the real beauty of the designs can show through. Just because the feds mandate something doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Especially something as innocuous as these dopey bumper guards.

7. Carmine

Carmine Old Man with a Hat

My wife would kill me if I got rid of our coppertone appliances for fake-stainless China junk that's landfill bound in 3-4 years.

IMG_20180731_180621.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. sixpkrt

sixpkrt Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

C, I wouldn't have any argument with that.
    We've been in our place 20 years, new appliances after 15, (had to replace the dishwasher 3X because of hard water issues).
    Kitchen just remodeled. (grabbed the heart a few times on that bill) Doing the master bath now. It never ends.
    On the brighter side, when we get ready to check out of Illinois, we shouldn't have too many buyers complain about everything being original when we decide to sell the place.
    This was a joint decision with the little lady, but if we were stayin it would've been another 10 yrs before we did anything.
    BTW, are those homemade meatballs on the counter?

9. Carmine

Probably. The humor of the picture was that she was boiling noodles and using the oven on some 90+ day when the air was running. I basically said "WTH are you doing? I'm not paying to watch the stove fight the air conditioner!" To make my point I aimed the infrared at the steam.

BTW, I fully plan to move all my "good" appliances out and replace them with modern-looking China junk from CL before we move.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Polara_500

Polara_500 Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

And here I thought the humor was her with the back of her hand on her forehead, kinda one of those "What do you expect from me" kinda dramatics. Funny either way.

11. Carmine

Well it was a little of both...

12. wizard

wizard Active Member

Yeah, agree with you. I was trying to buy a 71 chry 300 from some greedy A-hole on FB and he said he would hold it for me for a week. He listens to his wife crying about it that some guy is shoving money in his face and they decide to sell it to a derby guy after they complained they didn't want it to go to derby. Thing was hardly rusty. Another tard in the world who bows to the dollar and his wife.