Aftermarket 12 circuit wiring harness

jake

Reaction score
Has anybody used something like painless or ezwiring to replace there electrical system. EZwiring has a complete 12 circuit system, pre-labeled, with bulkhead for around 250.00. I was thinking about cutting all wires about a foot from the connectors and re wiring the entire car with the new system. The connectors seem to be lacking in the aftermarket world so mopar does not have to many direct replacement systems for a 64 dodge. Any info or experience would be helpful, thanks in advance. Reason being, while I was under the dash changing out my booster, I could feel the wires getting warm with just the interior light on. As of right now I have no electrical issuses, but I don't need my car and house to burn down.

Has anybody used something like painless or ezwiring to replace there electrical system. EZwiring has a complete 12 circuit system, pre-labeled, with bulkhead for around 250.00. I was thinking about cutting all wires about a foot from the connectors and re wiring the entire car with the new system. The connectors seem to be lacking in the aftermarket world so mopar does not have to many direct replacement systems for a 64 dodge. Any info or experience would be helpful, thanks in advance. Reason being, while I was under the dash changing out my booster, I could feel the wires getting warm with just the interior light on. As of right now I have no electrical issuses, but I don't need my car and house to burn down.

I'm using Bill Evans. Very reasonable and when you call, you get to talk to him...not a rep.

I have one from painless for the 6.1 swap & it is very clean & very well marked. Black tape, by the way, not loom.....

Just got back the wiring that I sent Evans wiring. I'm not one to promote this company or that but I have to say that what I got back looked much better than what I sent him. He knew that I couldn't find a dash harness but I had the original. He took what I had and brought it back to life. In fact, I sent him all my wiring and he checked over every wire and replaced what needed to be replaced. In a nut shell...he made sure that my car won't burn up due to old wiring. That's something that I can't thank him enough for. Kuddos Evans wiring.

Back