Aftermarket temp gauge

300kustom

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does any one know who sells a aftermarket mechanical temp gauge with a sensor that will fit into the water pump opening that the stock sensor fits in ?
Bought one from Summit and the probe fits in the opening but the brass fitting is too big. No way to adapt with any fittings, and really don't want to drill and tap out the opening.

Anybody found one that works ? (Stock 62' 383 )

Thanks
Pappy

These are the three types. Match it to your connector.

http://www.rockauto.com
Dodge
1965 (yes, use 1965)
Polara
Cooling System
Temp. Sensor

Look at the pictures

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Thanks for the info, but what I am looking for is a gauge with the probe attached (see pic) that will fit the original sensor threaded hole. untitled.jpg

untitled.jpg

I had the same problem when I put the gauge trio in the 65. I ended up using the other (driver's side) port on the pump housing and just left the electric sensor connected for the idiot lights.

I had to install an aftermarket temp sensor when I added a Holley Pro-jection to my Newport 383. I recall it has a 3/8 NPT thread. I added a brass pipe nipple and T to one of the heater hose ports on the water pump housing.

I just used a sun gauge in mine,, just changed it yesterday or the day before... it had all kind of brass adapters in there in the 3 gauge kit (oil/volt/temp). plugged the thingy into the hole, tightened up, presto - temp gauge! 68 383.

Back