Ah Summer in FL..

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Just when I start to enjoy the piece and quiet. There's no traffic, you can actually sail at 90 without having to get in to fits because someone parks their *** in the passing lane (staying in the left lane is illegal in FL BTW), right hand turns at red arrows because locals know unless it says no turn on red you can go after a stop, the restaurants are wide open no waiting. What happens? Fuckin snowbirds are already coming back.

Saw a caravan of Quebec plates last night 5 motor homes heading south. It's too early in the summer for this crap. Go home, wait for the snow to fall.

There's no traffic, you can actually sail at 90 without having to get in to fits

heh yer lucky as it was all over the talk radio that the state (with Fed money) were doing a big speeding crackdown a couple of weekends ago. Said they were going to hammer anyone that was 1 mph over the limit. Didn't hear many crying 'bout it yet (I stayed home).
We'll see if they keep it up as the Fed survey found that most traffic here on the Interstates is doing 80/90 mph and the Insurance Companies are upset.

But we won't go back to that fiery crash on I-75 that happened last fall that killed all the church goers. :rolleyes:

Hell I was on 75 N bound out of Ft Myers and passed a black and tan speed trap. He had me dead to rights as I didn't see him until I was on top of him, I was sure I was getting a ticket. He didn't even flinch.

Just when I start to enjoy the piece and quiet. There's no traffic, you can actually sail at 90 without having to get in to fits because someone parks their *** in the passing lane (staying in the left lane is illegal in FL BTW), right hand turns at red arrows because locals know unless it says no turn on red you can go after a stop, the restaurants are wide open no waiting. What happens? Fuckin snowbirds are already coming back.

Saw a caravan of Quebec plates last night 5 motor homes heading south. It's too early in the summer for this crap. Go home, wait for the snow to fall.

I'm waiting 'till Thanksgiving week this year.
Hope that's o.k.:poke:

I'm waiting 'till Thanksgiving week this year.
Hope that's o.k.:poke:

Perfect. But you're gunna be late to the party. The others are gunna clean out Sams Club well before Thanksgiving at this rate.

And BTW, be sure to take the early morning and late afternoon appointments at the Dr's offices so the working schmoes have to take time off from earning a living to go see the Dr. You have no idea how much we appreciate that.

We also appreciate merging in to 70+MPH traffic at 40MPH. Helps us really hone swerving skills.

Oh and we love to hear how much better it is up North every 5 to 10 minutes. although in all honesty that's really reserved for the New Englanders and New Jersey-ites. Mid-Westerners aren't so bad.

:icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::D

Last edited:
Wow... Now I really want to go south this winter.

I can drive my Mercury Grand Marquis in the left lane with the right blinker on all freaking day just to annoy everyone. Go for the early bird specials and generally get in the way. It will be a good time.

85UxgYz.jpg

Can you still buy "PRAY FOR ME I DRIVE HIWAY 19" Bumper Stickerz, lol

Personally I like keeping up and driving like the southerners and turning right on red lights as most places in Canada do. However you will never see my plates (from Manitoba) down there. Too many people and too busy for my liking. Been there done that on to other things.

Made these up last year. Handed em out to a few fellas.

Funny, I run into a old co-worker from the hospital and he asked me if'a I'd help him on a job with his side business, said sure, sounded like a quick 1 day job but it was way out in DelRico in the western part of the County and I made sure I was going to get paid for the 'riding time' before I said yes. We weren't half way out there in his truck an'a he had to remind me that he was from Connecticut... LOL ,,, I go "What"? what did I say? shaking my head, turns out job turned into a four day fiasco. Wasn't my fault as I was 'Supervising' him and spent most of the time leaning on my shovel (Certified shovel leaner) It was in the beginning of May and he was bitching 'bout the heat and took his T-Shirt off only to be crying the 2nd day as to the sunburn that he got and asked why I didn't advise him that he was getting red.
OMFG I said you see me take my shirt off? FFS how long you been down here? Said/acted like he had been here for over a decade, I didn't know much about him as he didn't work in my department and I'd only cross paths with him back at the shop or the cafeteria.

ROFLMAO!

Actually, I'm not a fan of Florida. Been there a few times... If I were to "snowbird", I'd probably find someplace else.

Actually, I'm not a fan of Florida. Been there a few times... If I were to "snowbird", I'd probably find someplace else.
I have been fortunate enough to travel to a great many places on this earth through work and our own personal adventures. First thing I look at is the people, how friendly and hospitable they are. Then after that I look at the scenery, accommodations and how busy it is.
Hands down the best place I have ever been is the Cook Islands. Clean, next to no poverty, beautiful scenery and by far the most important thing is they these are friendliest people in the world.
I would go back there in a heartbeat and almost did last year. The problem is the cost of flights makes it unaffordable for us at this time.

We have the same sentiment here in DC to an extent. Our "reward" (if you can call it that) for enduring late-July-mid-August heat/humidity (which probably doesn't compare to FL) is that all the policy wonks, lobbyists, politicos, and especially all those little hipsters; go back to where they came from, and those of who are actually FROM here, can have a little peace&quiet for once. Most of the crowds are gone, parking is easier, and you can actually get a seat on the bus/subway. Sorry to hear they're shorting you on that.

I dig those oval handouts (coasters?) Can you make some up for me with a slight change to read: HGH (Hipster Go Home)? I'd really enjoy them.

I love the Drag Race between the Orlando toll booths.
It certainly is an interesting state to drive in. I've been vacationing in FL. all my live and you're right. The drivers, mostly tourists, have just gotten crazy the last 20 years.
Last year at the rental counter half the customers needed a translator. Then they were handed keys to a car.
Felt like I was in the middle of a demo derby trying to get out of the airport. :steering:

Glad to see everything is hunky dory up in Canuckistan!
Ah yes, the East vs West... From the Dark-Comedy ZOS (Zone of Separation) years ago I learned that all you Alberta'ins were Horseback Riding Cowboy A-holes LOL.

:lol:

Hold on there buddy. We don't all ride horses.

So many reasons I left Tampa to move up here. Things I miss? Thunderstorms, hurricanes, golf all year long, that's about it. I also had no appreciation for the seasons down there. Up here I get out all the time. I do know that when I get older, that'll switch and I will find myself snowbirdin and having the best of both worlds.

Back