Air Cleaner Clamp

Kapt

Reaction score
I have a 1960 Dart with the 318 Poly in it. The Stromberg (SP?) carburetor on it was wasted, so I bought a carburetor for a newer 318 so I could have the extra vacuum ports for things like vacuum advance and whatnot. The car runs fantastic with the newer carb! I love it. However, the air cleaner won't fit. There's no stud to bolt one on, and the clamp that wrapped around the housing on the old carb won't get tight enough to work on the new one. I scrounged through the MOPAR Parts Books I could find on line and I found what I need in the book

Here's an image of what I'm looking for. The part number is like 2951 393 for a dodge truck in 1978 with a 318. I simply cannot find this part anywhere. The MOPAR Parts Book says it's called an Air Cleaner Clamp

air cleaner clamp.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find such a clamp?

It clips on and is spring loaded to keep it there. Thanks for the Good Luck. It's looking like I'm going to need it

What you have circled is what the Carter BBD 2bbls had on them for decades. Specific to the BBDs, either on the 318 (1.25") or the 383 (1.50") throttle bore sizes. BEST to buy a "core" carb at the salvage yard to get that part, but you'll have to buy the complete carb to get it. Ought to be CHEAP, being an un-wanted 2bbl carb, I suspect.

What is the application for the carb you put on it?

CBODY67

What you have circled is what the Carter BBD 2bbls had on them for decades. Specific to the BBDs, either on the 318 (1.25") or the 383 (1.50") throttle bore sizes. BEST to buy a "core" carb at the salvage yard to get that part, but you'll have to buy the complete carb to get it. Ought to be CHEAP, being an un-wanted 2bbl carb, I suspect.

What is the application for the carb you put on it?

CBODY67
The carb I put on it calls for that piece. It's for a '75 Diplomat or something. When you get the new one, you're supposed to take that off the old one. My old one didn't have that. I saw some junk carbs on ebay that have it. I'm just having a hard time justifying paying $40 to get a carb with that on there. I'll prolly have to, but I'm gonna try to find just the clamp first

Last edited:
Found one!!!! My friend in Oregon has one. Mailing it to me on Tuesday :) Woo HOO!!!!

Back