Airtemp decal location?

Trace 300 Hurst

Professional Tinkerer
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've searched here, and looked at jillions of pics, but could not find a 70 300 with any Airtemp decal(s) on the rear quarter windows. Seems that most folks display their cars at shows with the windows down, so no luck there even with my own millions of pics at shows/Mecum/etc. And, my beautiful 1970 brochure also has all the damn windows down. :mad:

I have this blurb from the decal vendor, which is far from specific for what I need to know:
● 2-door A-B-E-body: Decal is located on passenger quarter window toward rear lower corner. Occasionally found originally toward lower front of glass, and will always be there if the car originally had Scat Pack 1970 factory bee decals.
● 4-door A-B-E-body: Decal is located on passenger door fixed window, lower.
● C-body: Same as either 2- or 4-door listed above, or on passenger side of back glass.

So what is it? We know it's low on the glass about 1/2 inch above the trim, but should it be at the FRONT of the glass just behind the window "safety glass" etched marking, or at the BACK at the glass in the curved area?

Or is it an "either" thing?

Oh, and I'll be incorrectly putting one on the driver's side, too. I'm proud of my 40 degree RV2 lung, R12 system total rebuild.

Mine's a 69 Fury 2-door but I believe there is probably not much difference between 69 and 70 and probably most if not all c-bodies were the same. As you can see in the pic, mine is located on the lower rear side of the pass rear quarter glass. Also, it's crooked, I'm sure there was a production line assembly manual for labels but the guy working the line put it close and called it good. If you're going to put one on the left side also, I don't think it will matter too much.

dsc02072-jpg.jpg

I'm sure there was a production line assembly manual for labels but the guy working the line put it close and called it good. If you're going to put one on the left side also, I don't think it will matter too much.

“called it good”. Totally agree. I would speculate that—-like the emission sticker on the fenderwell—-the guy “installing” Airtemp sticker had loose instructions as to the exact location for it. Or maybe an EXACT location was specified but they called it good. :thumbsup:

And also for the levelness of it!

Nice pic, thanks. Let’s see if Big John shows a similar location.

This is a replacement NOS sticker that I got from Mitchel's a while ago. The major difference was the replacement was a sticker, where the original was a water slide decal. It leads me to believe that the NOS sticker was for the dealer installed A/C, but I don't know for sure. Either way, it looks good and was installed in the exact location of the original decal... Done a little more carefully with attention to being square/parallel etc, but still in the same spot.

One other caveat, this is a convertible.

cJCYaqq.jpg

FWrPHfE.jpg

eovYHJH.jpg

Fascinating! It could go anywhere. Slap that thing on there and keep the line moving!!

I’m partial to the forward location just behind glass etching mark as per John. That’s where I started to put it yesterday before I decided to consult C-Bod.

I’d love to see more pics, guys.

One other caveat, this is a convertible.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if that makes a diff? The hardtop pics have it at the rear.

As for my repop sticker, unfortunately it's a long, clear rectangular sticker with a very nice Airtemp logo centered in it, meaning you can see the clear tape on the glass. I might cut it all away so I just have the "oval" of the Airtemp. Then I'll drop it on the garage floor and it will land face down and get dirt stuck to it. :mad:

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if that makes a diff? The hardtop pics have it at the rear.

As for my repop sticker, unfortunately it's a long, clear rectangular sticker with a very nice Airtemp logo centered in it, meaning you can see the clear tape on the glass. I might cut it all away so I just have the "oval" of the Airtemp. Then I'll drop it on the garage floor and it will land face down and get dirt stuck to it. :mad:
Thinking about it, mine might have been the same way. If it was, I trimmed the clear off. I just don't remember.

Thinking about it, mine might have been the same way. If it was, I trimmed the clear off. I just don't remember.

But did you drop it on the garage floor face down? THAT you would remember. :eek:

Here's a web pic of a 73 RRunner, unrestored totally OEM. Look at this crazy location!
145212-cf6792d030cd320714aa10f6d380d4fd.jpg

Thanks guys for your input on the decal location. This is where I ended up:

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

Final task before a big show here in the Jacksonville area in April is to repaint the yellow stripe in the grille that a broker removed just before the car went to auction. He told me "It looked terrible, chipped and faded, so I took a thinner rag to it." There is still remnants of Hurst's yellow and the Jefferson plant's red in the corners and little runs behind the grille, which is kinda cool.

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

img_1362-jpg.jpg

The Airtemp decal was right side only, like the Pentastar.

Back