WANTED Alternator bracket photo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarus

Reaction score
Contact seller
Are there any members here that own a early 70's Mopar Police car with a big block and a Motorola alternator? I need some reference photo's, I've looked online but haven't found anything useful.

Hi,
I don't know if this will help, you may have found the same thing yourself. However, I felt it was worth a try. I wish you all the luck on your 72 Polara!

Front of Motor.jpg

@Malloy12 what is that set up? You need to fix that. That’s no polove Motorola alt. They have an alt bracket on the PS pump. And what it’s the bracket on the alt? There is not triangulation there, Maybe just swapped the alt and PS brackets.

see photo I marked where the alt bracket should be. Since you have a RB engine is the outer hole at #1.

17D52D47-B8C8-4914-9ADA-A6222396F73B.jpeg

This was a pic of a 1970 440. You are absolutely correct, that's not a Motorola alternator. Sorry, that was no help at all. I hope you are successful in your endeavor!

Are there any members here that own a early 70's Mopar Police car with a big block and a Motorola alternator? I need some reference photo's, I've looked online but haven't found anything useful.
Might an appropriate Chrysler Factory Service Manual have such a picture in it? www.mymopar.com free download. Yet looking in these publications, I only found the HD options, which only went up to 60amps in '72. No mention of any other "police" alternator per se. In parts manual or service manual. FWIW

Last edited:
I know this does not meet the model year criteria, but might it be similar? From the engine shot of the '68 8-dr Limo.

CHRYSLER__1968_8-DOOR_ENG_ALT_g_p960x960&_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=tNdqjgpjjX...jpg

Thanks CBODY67, I have all the 72 books, there's no mention of a Motorola alternator in 72 just the Leece Neville which is shown in your photo. The Motorola is listed in the 73 parts book, I wrote down all the part numbers but I've had no luck finding them. I have a 72 Polara Police parts car (with a Motorola alt.) but it's a CA. car so it has an air pump and that changes the brackets, example the CA. car has no idler pulley, the air pump takes that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back