Alternator keeps going out. 60amp bosch enough???

Reaction score
Kinda stumped on this one...... Tried a 45 amp napa alternator and it wouldn't keep up with demand at idle. Ended up going out. Switched to this 60amp bosch. Ran fine for 1 month burned up today after using blower on high for 30 minutes charging ac system. I can't see their being a short in the system as the car can sit for weeks on end and the battery never drains.. Voltage regulator is new also.... Do I need a 100 amp alternator? Takes a special bracket doesn't it? I don't see why the draw of a blower motor and or headlights would burn the alt up...

Alternator keeps going out. 60amp bosch enough???

Kinda stumped on this one...... Tried a 45 amp napa alternator and it wouldn't keep up with demand at idle. Ended up going out. Switched to this 60amp bosch. Ran fine for 1 month burned up today after using blower on high for 30 minutes charging ac system. I can't see their being a short in the system as the car can sit for weeks on end and the battery never drains.. Voltage regulator is new also.... Do I need a 100 amp alternator? Takes a special bracket doesn't it? I don't see why the draw of a blower motor and or headlights would burn the alt up...

Can I test it with a volt meter or do I need an amp meter? It runs thru all blower stages flawlessly and quiet. M1-M5 with ac on.

Back