Aluminum door sill restoration?

Just in case you would like to know blasting walnut media on aluminium does not work. I took it to the professionals and let them restore it.

I was able to source pretty nice originals and had them re-anodized. I believe the 2D and Convertible sills are the same for 65-68 Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth.

First, that 300 you've got there is freakin awesome. Saw the interior on the steering wheel thread.

Do you recall where they re-anodized your sills? I've got some very nice headlight doors for my 73 Road Runner I would like to do.

CudaChick can help with that I think...

First, that 300 you've got there is freakin awesome. Saw the interior on the steering wheel thread.

Do you recall where they re-anodized your sills? I've got some very nice headlight doors for my 73 Road Runner I would like to do.

Thanks!

The local plater I used did all my chrome plating, anodizing and stainless polishing. Any local plater should be able to handle it.

No need to over complicate things.
Easy-off oven cleaner.
Then a degreaser bath.

This is the only way I know to do it yourself..... Get the HD Easy-off. Still not a lot of fun.
Once stripped and polished they will still need to be re-anodized, or, gloss clear powder coated.

No need to over complicate things.
Easy-off oven cleaner.
Then a degreaser bath.

Not to be argumentative here, but regular commercial degreaser will NOT neutralize the lye in oven cleaner. You need to rinse off the parts with cold water first and then move on with whatever other steps are required to restore it.

If you've never tried to remove anodizing yourself, read up on the process first or leave it to someone who knows.

If you've never tried to remove anodizing yourself, read up on the process first or leave it to someone who knows.[/QUOTE]

I agree....... I'm done with trying to strip and restore anodizing myself..... Even saying over and over...... It's a good thing this is fun..... didn't help.

Already bookmarked on my computer.

Not a problem on this end Zymurgy! I know I was kinda late jumping in, and this is really my first interaction on the C Body board ever so a few raised eyebrows were a more likely result than you dropping them on my door step. :D

I've been on FABO for well over 8 years though (5+ as a Vendor) and there's probably at least a few members here who I've worked for in the past. It looks like my site might've had a few extra hits today so it's all good. < curtsey > It's a pleasure to meet you gentlemen! Thank you all for the kind compliments and for checking out a bit of my work. If there's anything I can do, feel free to call me or shoot me a P.M. If there's enough interest, I'll talk to Joey about offering a discount here too like I do for the other sister sites. Thanks for having me! :D

Not a problem on this end Zymurgy! I know I was kinda late jumping in, and this is really my first interaction on the C Body board ever so a few raised eyebrows were a more likely result than you dropping them on my door step. :D

I've been on FABO for well over 8 years though (5+ as a Vendor) and there's probably at least a few members here who I've worked for in the past. It looks like my site might've had a few extra hits today so it's all good. < curtsey > It's a pleasure to meet you gentlemen! Thank you all for the kind compliments and for checking out a bit of my work. If there's anything I can do, feel free to call me or shoot me a P.M. If there's enough interest, I'll talk to Joey about offering a discount here too like I do for the other sister sites. Thanks for having me! :D

Hey Leanna I'm glad you dropped in here and classed up the joint. Thumbs up on the discount.

Back