For Sale And yes yet another 1970 Hurst !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironwolf

Reaction score
Contact seller
I Saw this on E-Bay .......

1970 Chrysler 300 Series Hurst

1970 Chrysler 300 Series Hurst | eBay

upload_2017-7-25_17-4-44.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_17-4-59.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_17-5-21.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_17-5-42.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_17-6-5.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_17-6-34.jpeg

upload_2017-7-25_17-6-58.jpeg

If you are looking at this auction you already know what the car is.

It is #’s matching. I don't know the mileage, it shows 13,497. I know the car was registered in southern CA in 1989 and somehow ended up in western WA where I bought it in April 1997. Until two weeks ago, it was in a garage since 1998 and has held up remarkably well. Obviously I’m not going to get to it so it’s time for someone else to give it the attention it deserves.

It is typically optioned with power windows and bench seat (doesn’t work). The only rust is along the back window, the only rust through is one small hole right behind the passenger rear window (weird) and the frame for the fiberglass hood is almost rusted away. The Newport hood that is currently on the car can be used, as it is the same frame/support structure. The trunk/extensions and floorboards are unbelievable. See the pictures, I can send as many as you like. The car needs no sheet metal!

The trim is in wonderful condition with very little damage. The trunk lid is in rough shape and will need a lot of work. It runs, drives and stops enough to get on a trailer.

The car is complete, I did take some of the interior apart twenty years ago but it is all there including a brand new Legendary headliner in the box from 1994! It has both build sheets, and an extra one (mistake?) The car is in the Seattle area and can be viewed with prior arrangements. The buyer must arrange shipping or local pickup, I will also consider delivery/partial delivery if it can be negotiated.

Item specifics
Condition: Used Year: 1970
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): cm23u0c235899 Mileage: 0
Exterior Color: White Make: Chrysler
Interior Color: Brown Model:
300 Series
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty Trim: Hurst
Vehicle Title: Clear Engine: 440 TNT
For Sale By: Private Seller

Why do so many people have trouble with bench seats/ bucket seats/ split bench ?

It is typically optioned with power windows and bench seat

s-l1600.jpg

the only rust through is one small hole right behind the passenger rear window (weird) and the frame for the fiberglass hood is almost rusted away. . The trunk/extensions and floorboards are unbelievable. See the pictures, I can send as many as you like. The car needs no sheet metal!
The trim is in wonderful condition with very little damage. The trunk lid is in rough shape and will need a lot of work
lol!!
he doesnt seem to notice that smashed up rear valance either i guess...
nice project tho.

This is my old '70 300/H. One of the of the cars that, "started it all", my love of bid C-bodies! My friends that were into B bodies, Pontiacs, thought I was insane.

I bought it in 1989/90 (?) I was 20 something. I found it in Hemmings Motor News. I took a leap of faith,...I bought a one way plane ticket to San Diego, based on actual real photographs sent in the mail. (which were really poor photos)

I flushed fluids and gave it a tune up, and drove it home 1,300 miles on really old/bald and cracked tires....the rear windows were stuck down,.....the heater didn't work and it was 14 degrees in the northern California mountains and southern Oregon. It was cold in January............of course, I didn't have warm clothes. I made it to Seattle with my 300/H!!!

I think I have the original blue plates and other documentation, photos etc.

If someone wants to know more about the car, send me a PM.

Last edited:
I have had requests for a valuation on this car.

My opinion is the 1970 300/H values have risen in the last 4 years, especially in the last 2 years. And I suspect they will continue to do so.

That might have to do with more exposure and press coverage of the 300/H convertible, since it's out of exile. In addition, 69-71 fuselage cars in general are seeing an up swing in values.

This 300/H is a decent project car. It's an honest car, not a turd; a good car. But it has issues and the repair costs will not be cheap. It's also not optioned highly. I don't think it's going to meet the suspected high reserve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back