For Sale Another 1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsosan

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've had this car for over 25 years and due to my age and no longer having my shop to work on it, I've come to realize that I won't be doing all the little things it needs so it is time to pass it on to someone who will. It is a real 440 TNT car with lots of options as you can see. The body is dead straight with no rust or dings and the paint is in great shape. The original colour was Chrystal Blue with a blue vinyl interior and is now Sequoia green with a black leather interior. It is not a disc brake car, it had mismatched hubcaps and I found a good set of disc brake caps and I wanted to go to 15" wheels anyway. My intent was to do a conversion when the present drums wore out. It drives and stops straight. The autopilot controller went missing when the body work was done burt I have the mounting brackets and speedo cables. I converted the brakes to duel circuit and am not sure whether it would fit with the longer master cylinder anyway. It also came with sentinel lighting but all except the dash control is missing. Drivers vent window stopped working, the motor still runs so I guess the gear is shot. The rest of the power windows, power antenna and power drivers seat work. The previous owner had the engine rebuilt and a cam installed so it idles a little ropy but doesn't affect driveability. It has new shocks all round, new rear springs, new top and the top hydraulics work fine. It also has a larger AC car radiator which I had re cored. The car is in BC and has collector plates. Asking prices for these things seem all over the map and I'd like to get an idea what I should be asking for it. I still enjoy driving it and am not desperate to get rid of it so not interested in low ball offers.

tempImagec0akfx.png

tempImageck373l.png

tempImagehdrBy6.png

tempImagerEfyEP.png

tempImagePuYz80.png

tempImagehbrXk7.png

tempImageBtngJL.png

tempImagedoZVpe.png

tempImagewdbkXd.png

tempImagedSwD1M.png

My parents had a yellow/ black convertable way back when I was like 6. I dont remember it having shift on the floor but us kids loved when we road around country roads in upstate new york with the top down on sundays with the folks. Hated when my dad got rid of it. Loved that car.

My parents had a yellow/ black convertable way back when I was like 6. I dont remember it having shift on the floor but us kids loved when we road around country roads in upstate new york with the top down on sundays with the folks. Hated when my dad got rid of it. Loved that car.
Bucket seats, console and tilt-telli steering column were all options.

Just realized both side views are of the same side. I had turned the car around. Here is the other side.
My daughters four year old lab can't figure out why he sees his reflexion in the side, he just stands there and stares at it.

tempImageXxQN9F.png

I've had this car for over 25 years and due to my age and no longer having my shop to work on it, I've come to realize that I won't be doing all the little things it needs so it is time to pass it on to someone who will. It is a real 440 TNT car with lots of options as you can see. The body is dead straight with no rust or dings and the paint is in great shape. The original colour was Chrystal Blue with a blue vinyl interior and is now Sequoia green with a black leather interior. It is not a disc brake car, it had mismatched hubcaps and I found a good set of disc brake caps and I wanted to go to 15" wheels anyway. My intent was to do a conversion when the present drums wore out. It drives and stops straight. The autopilot controller went missing when the body work was done burt I have the mounting brackets and speedo cables. I converted the brakes to duel circuit and am not sure whether it would fit with the longer master cylinder anyway. It also came with sentinel lighting but all except the dash control is missing. Drivers vent window stopped working, the motor still runs so I guess the gear is shot. The rest of the power windows, power antenna and power drivers seat work. The previous owner had the engine rebuilt and a cam installed so it idles a little ropy but doesn't affect driveability. It has new shocks all round, new rear springs, new top and the top hydraulics work fine. It also has a larger AC car radiator which I had re cored. The car is in BC and has collector plates. Asking prices for these things seem all over the map and I'd like to get an idea what I should be asking for it. I still enjoy driving it and am not desperate to get rid of it so not interested in low ball offers.

View attachment 599890

View attachment 599891

View attachment 599892

View attachment 599895

View attachment 599896

View attachment 599897

View attachment 599898

View attachment 599900

View attachment 599901

View attachment 599902

Power vents! @detmatt

:wideyed: Gorgeous automobile!

View attachment 599890

View attachment 599891

View attachment 599892

View attachment 599895

View attachment 599896

View attachment 599897

View attachment 599898

View attachment 599900

View attachment 599901

View attachment 599902

Very nice car! Here is what Collector Car Market has to say. I would say your car is a strong No. 2 + car:

1966 CHRYSLER 300 383-325hp (8cyl-4V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Cnv6100116001710027100
2dr Htp410074001190019600
4dr Htp29505900910013500

Add:
440-350hp (8cyl-4V)10%
440-365hp (8cyl-4V)10%
4spd manual trans7%
Air conditioning10%
Deduct:
3spd manual transmission-10%
Manual steering-5%
Manual windows-3%

Man, there are some really NICE '65 and '66 big Chryslers coming up for sale recently!

Price opinion? I generally don't provide estimates, but on this one, I'd think low to mid- $20s would be on-target and a quick sale. Were I in the market, that's where my offer would be.

Man, there are some really NICE '65 and '66 big Chryslers coming up for sale recently!

Price opinion? I generally don't provide estimates, but on this one, I'd think low to mid- $20s would be on-target and a quick sale. Were I in the market, that's where my offer would be.
Thanks

I would agree with the 20-25k mark. Wish I had the money and space as I would love a 66. The color may hold the price back some. But it's a beautiful car!

So the major color change have any effect on value ?
I haven't followed the C body market . But mid 20s sounds right for a correct car.

Near me a major overall paint with minimal body work is near $8000 to $10k for a nice job done .and done right to last.

So my question is where does a car like this fall money wise?

Disagree to what?

I'm going to ask $25K Canadian or $20K US and see what happens. I'll take it to a few shows, put a sign on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back