For Sale Another 1973 Polara wagon (Oregon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Usually we don't see many 1973 wagons, and now there are two for sale -- a brown one in New Jersey, and this green one in Oregon for which a CL ad was posted yesterday:

1973 Dodge Polara Wagon

Unlike its pristine NJ cousin, which has its original 440, this OR one (while also seemingly well preserved) has a "newer 440" and a 2-speed wiper motor.

00K0K_jM7zDVJ8RUd_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_1L0AqGFcADI_1200x900.jpg

00G0G_juwyR5EcDDZ_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_cTJDdQd4Zrg_1200x900.jpg

01717_dHNPX8x1XOL_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_h5JOfGv2edu_1200x900.jpg

I saw this Yesterday on CL. I looked at my wife aand said " it' a good thing I'm on a mission".
If someone wants a Fusey Polara, better get it now or you WILL have to go through me to get it .....

Are those Ford wheel covers ?

Yes. They look surprisingly like road wheels at a fast glance.

Years ago, I saw an NOS package of 4, still shrink wrapped and put out in the trash. Grabbed them and put on CL. My buyer offered me an extra $25 to drop them at his house. I might normally have declined, but it was along a route I drove anyway.

Turns out he'd lost his license and disassembled his F-150 to the frame to prevent him from driving it. He was rebuilding it piece by piece, with a goal date of x years, when he'd get his license reinstated. I had to admire his dedication to "doing his time".

Yes. They look surprisingly like road wheels at a fast glance.

Years ago, I saw an NOS package of 4, still shrink wrapped and put out in the trash. Grabbed them and put on CL. My buyer offered me an extra $25 to drop them at his house. I might normally have declined, but it was along a route I drove anyway.
".

d.jpg

This design was offered as an optional alloy rim from Ford Germany, they're often offered dirt cheap at scrap rates. The hook is These are designed for the notorious Michelin TRX tire which is the only one to fit. And a set of that rubber will set you back way more than a NOS Road Wheel set including the Center caps, so don't bother about figuring out the exact bolt pattern for Mopar use.

View attachment 193085

This design was offered as an optional alloy rim from Ford Germany, they're often offered dirt cheap at scrap rates. The hook is These are designed for the notorious Michelin TRX tire which is the only one to fit. And a set of that rubber will set you back way more than a NOS Road Wheel set including the Center caps, so don't bother about figuring out the exact bolt pattern for Mopar use.

Didn't know Ford offered those insta-scrap rims in Europe. This was our version.

1982-1983-1984-1985-1986-ford-mustang-9.jpg

Well, looks like it is back on the market at almost double the price after moving from Oregon to South Dakota and getting an engine detail:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/dodge/polara/2168712.html

1973 Dodge Polara for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-1146401

As @GJS wondered in a duplicate thread about this car, why did the original seller mention the car has "a newer 440" when it has so few miles? Interestingly, the Gesswein Motors ad states that the car it lists is "Powered by the Original 440 Motor and backed by the 727 Transmission"?

Interestingly, we now have a photo of the fender tag, which shows a T-code 440 (E85):

13593449-1973-dodge-polara-std.jpg

63987459-770-0@2X.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back