Another 66 Plymouth Sport Fury Owner

kenmdale

Reaction score
I'm another member from Ontario Canada. I got this car a few months ago from my father who due to illness lost interest in it about 10 years ago. I was given the car and bins full of parts to finish it. When I got the car it was about 60 per cent finished, and needed a lot of finish and electrical work. Between the service manual ( which I have almost worn out ) and this website , I' m getting close to finishing it. The information on this forum has been very helpful. The search function is not very good , but when I read enough of the posts I can usually find what I need
Most of my problems have been bad grounds and items seized up for the last 10 years in a storage building, and not knowing where some of the bins of parts go. After hours and hours of studying wiring diagrams ,I've got most of the wiring sorted out. The rear window motors were a real treat to get out and repaired. I took the aftermarket radio out and put the original am radio with reverberator back in .
If any one has a photo or wiring diagram with wiring colors for the plug in to the reverberator that would be great. Mine had the wiring pulled out of the plug.

The car is a 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury with a bored out 440 (not original ) and a Carter 4 barrel carb with a 3 speed 727 automatic transmission and shift kit, a 3.23 sure grip 8 3/4 rear end with flowmasters underneath. I will try to add a picture of it
IMG_7561.jpg

IMG_7561.jpg

Schweet car. Welcome.

Oh and I get around the crappy searches on forum sites by using google. Say you wanted to find threads related to wiring issues. In the search bar for google, just type the following and search; Wiring issue in site:www.forcbodiesonly.com

Normally I use the lmgtfy to make fun of someone but in this case it's helpful to see the search function;

http://bfy.tw/2DYw

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Wow, look at that. In 28 minutes, no less.

I think he's looking for one that has the wire colors on it or a picture of the connector that shows the colors. "If any one has a photo or wiring diagram with wiring colors"

The one I need has the colors on it . I have that diagram, but could not figure out if I was looking at the front or the back of the plug If I had a picture of the plug going into the back of the reverberator. I have a 1966 service manual, but there is no diagram for it . I also have that diagram in a 1965 service manual ,but it does not show wiring colors

Wow, love the paint color (and the car!). Sounds like it came with some nice options. I look forward to seeing more of it.

extremely nice car! the deep red color fits that size car well.

I have the 66 dealer parts and service books. i'll look to see if anything in it can help you with the reverb?

Which of the connectors are you questioning? I can dig around to see if I can find the pieces and check the wiring colors. I've moved a few times since I last remember seeing that stuff though, so I'm not quite sure where it is.
The one I need has the colors on it . I have that diagram, but could not figure out if I was looking at the front or the back of the plug If I had a picture of the plug going into the back of the reverberator. I have a 1966 service manual, but there is no diagram for it . I also have that diagram in a 1965 service manual ,but it does not show wiring colors

The connector in question is the 4 pin plug that plugs into the reverberator. I have looked in the service manuals and parts manuals, but I have not located what I am after

This is the reverberator that I am looking for a color picture of the 4 pin plug with wires that plugs into it.

Cheers

1967-68%20Chry%20Dod%20Ply%20Accy%20Reverb.jpg

1967-68%20Chry%20Dod%20Ply%20Accy%20Reverb.jpg

Does anyone have a color picture of the wiring going into the 4 pin hole of the reverberator pictured above

Cheers

Ken

Back