Another 70 Chrysler 300 Convertible Purchased with Some Personalities Involved

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought this video might be of interest to some of the 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible Owners that involves some known personalities involved in its history:

Richard Rawlings Just Acquired A Special Classic Car Of A Country Star

Upon gazing at the underhood portion of the video, I noticed it has the Auto Temp 1 coolant control valve - I suspect the new owner probably didn't know what lurked in the a/c system when he bought it.

Are you sure on that valve? It's dark but it looks like the replacement Everco valve like I have on my car.

Quite honestly, the only reason I watched part of the video was the name "David Hurst" and that's the name of an old friend (another Mopar guy). While I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be him, he has surprised me every once in a while. Rawlings doesn't do much for me and David Allen Coe? Let's ask if they found a sheet from a KKK meeting that he might have left behind.

David Allen Coe, "You Never Even Called Me by my Name" was a favorite when I was in my 20s.

He claims racism's from being in prison. Still not an excuse

When I was in the Navy back in 1988, I was stationed in Kings Bay Ga and a retired officer I knew bought a 1977 Lincoln Limo that was owned by Coe. We used it for special events, Weddings, Grads and stuff and I was the driver.. It was Blue. If I can find the pics I'll post.

Are you sure on that valve? It's dark but it looks like the replacement Everco valve like I have on my car.

Quite honestly, the only reason I watched part of the video was the name "David Hurst" and that's the name of an old friend (another Mopar guy). While I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be him, he has surprised me every once in a while. Rawlings doesn't do much for me and David Allen Coe? Let's ask if they found a sheet from a KKK meeting that he might have left behind.
Upon looking closer at that portion of the video, you are probably correct. So good news then for the buyer.

I only looked at the video since 1970 Chrysler 300s don't often show up in these since they focus more on the B Bodies rather than C bodies. I don't even know who David Allen Coe was since country music isn't my thing. I've never seen a Richard Rawlings video either and from what I see I am not impressed either.

I just like the 70 300 vert - in white, since to my eyes they look especially nice in that color or B7 blue.

Last edited:
At $12k purchase, what does he think he can flip it for? Seems close to retail already, fact that some celebrity owned it would really mean nothing in terms of a premium resale price. I’m still in disbelief that a cloned Charger R/T could sell for $35k, especially with the potential of bondo filled quarters. Then again, I’m still living in the ‘80’s when it comes to B and E bodies. Other than nostalgia, I just don’t understand the value.

David Allen Coe, "You Never Even Called Me by my Name" was a favorite when I was in my 20s.
I don't know all of Coe's song lineup, or what his favorites are, but he's got some filthy songs that sure never made it to radio.
If I bought that car I would never even mention that prior owner by his name.

He claims racism's from being in prison. Still not an excuse

I don't know all of Coe's song lineup, or what his favorites are, but he's got some filthy songs that sure never made it to radio.
If I bought that car I would never even mention that prior owner by his name.
Did you read the second line of my post? See above.

The song was released in 1975. I was talking about me maturing over time and finding out who a person really is.

"You Never Even Called Me By My Name" is the only David Allen Coe song that I know of. The song is fun and hilarious. If he had stayed with that type of song and style, he would have been fine. I think he aged into something different.

Oh. :wideyed:
Yes, I had read your 2nd line, although I didn't know if you were referring to his racism, or his explanation for racism in general, or something else.

I only quoted to reference that song title, to mention the crude songs that most folks probably aren't aware of.
I wasn't meaning to quote as a response about you or what you said, but I can see it could be interpreted that way.
Was just informing teh general public on here about Coe's dark side.

Oh. :wideyed:
Yes, I had read your 2nd line, although I didn't know if you were referring to his racism, or his explanation for racism in general, or something else.

I only quoted to reference that song title, to mention the crude songs that most folks probably aren't aware of.
I wasn't meaning to quote as a response about you or what you said, but I can see it could be interpreted that way.
Was just informing teh general public on here about Coe's dark side.
Understand. Thanks!

Back