For Sale Another 70 fury conv

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
upload_2017-5-13_21-30-59.png

1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Convertible

1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Convertible - $25000 (Mentor, Ohio)

1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Convertible

00404_akWlcbHLDHU_600x450.jpg

00y0y_jXiwPOpVlQl_600x450.jpg

00K0K_7zrl0FcXr52_600x450.jpg

00v0v_7U4t05OqNm8_600x450.jpg

00W0W_eIetklPkJcL_600x450.jpg

00202_kPsoqgontRD_600x450.jpg

00o0o_bdDED8E0KdS_600x450.jpg

01717_7ExGr4DXPtP_600x450.jpg

00707_cHVtprmvflG_600x450.jpg

00K0K_63UYHsLwks2_600x450.jpg

01212_8OQFKyWpTKg_600x450.jpg

00505_bkBZjlLzzi1_600x450.jpg

00P0P_8caXX6PzR0d_600x450.jpg

00w0w_95IgsQN0cIx_600x450.jpg

00w0w_2VRjHZjrfLJ_600x450.jpg

00202_LlVkYaMO7e_600x450.jpg

00y0y_9n4uwU2QBhV_600x450.jpg

00T0T_kwJMURMxHfb_600x450.jpg

00808_gd6WSD59Llo_600x450.jpg

00G0G_RxibDE7evI_600x450.jpg

1970 Plymouth Fury

VIN: PM27LOD282543
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 48785
paint color: purple
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: convertible

This C-Body was originally a 1970 Plymouth Fury III convertible with a 383 2-bbl and T-3 Sahara Tan Poly paint. Bucket seats and console are factory stock. (See pic of fender tag for complete list of build codes). This car was purchased in 2006 from the previous owner from California. My friend and I owned convertible E-Bodies when we were younger and wanted to get back into the car hobby with another Mopar convertible without breaking the bank. When we purchased the car, we wanted to simply repaint and drive it. What started out as a simple "re-paint and drive project" turned into a stub-frame off, rotisserie restoration, substantially completed in 2009. Since August 2015, it has been stored in a garage under a car cover and has not been driven.

INSPIRATION/BUILD-OUT
C-Body fuselage cars are less popular than the E-Body and B-Body cars of the late 60s/early 70s, but the Sport Fury GT was a member of Plymouth's Rapid Transit System and held its own as the businessman's muscle car.

The inspiration for this one-off "what-if" car was largely from prior E-Body convertible ownership back in the day. While Plymouth made a Sport Fury and Sport Fury GT in 1970, it never made a regular Sport Fury Convertible or GT Convertible. We restored this car as if Chrysler would have built one in 1970, right down to the C-7 In-violet paint.

This car came from California and was substantially rust free when we got it. All the restoration work on this car (other than the interior and convertible top) was performed by us. Other than the front fenders, sheet metal, floor pan, trunk pan and stub frame are original with some bodywork done to right rear quarter panel. We should have restored the interior ourselves, too, as it turns out, because the interior shop did sub-standard work. (The shop went under shortly after completion). I have included a few pics of this car during the restoration. More available upon request.

Below is a list of significant restoration build out details and parts used to make this a one-off "what-if" car:
- 1975 Truck 440 (rebuilt with mild cam) and Holley Thunder series AVS carburetor;
- 1970 correct cast iron intake manifold, exhaust manifold, valve covers and air cleaner with Super Commando pie plate;
- Sport Fury front grille, hide-away headlamps, rocker moldings, front fenders and turn signals from a donor car;
- Clean dash pad (no cracks) from a donor car;
- TA/AAR style side exhausts with MagnaFlow mufflers (Fury factory performance exhausts exited through the rear valance);
- 2.76 Posi, 8.75 rear end (provides for great cruising speeds at moderate RPMs);
- New front end suspension parts, rear HD leaf springs and all new shocks; and
- C-7 In-violet paint with NOS GT strobe stripes.

DRIVEABILITY
This car was built by us to drive. Since completion in 2009, we have driven it approximately 10,000 miles. In my opinion, the Fury drives surprisingly well. BF Goodrich 235/70 - 15 tires have a lot of tread left on them and new shocks, front end parts and rear leaf springs add to the driveability.

NEEDS WORK
This car isn't perfect and is NOT a trailer queen. Our restoration focused on the major build out concerns, including rust-free body, workable drive-train and aesthetics. Below is a list of significant shortcomings and work yet to be completed:

No A/C Compressor, Blower Motor or Heater Core. The heater core had evidence of leaks and we never reinstalled it. Because we don't drive this car in the winter or cold weather (this car lived in Florida after restoration), we never missed heat. A/C wasn't missed either because we drive this car primarily in the nice weather with the top down.

TorqueFlite Transmission. The TorqueFlite 727 transmission is original to the car and has not been rebuilt. We had the transmission inspected before reassembly of the drive train and was told there were no major issues with the transmission, just normal wear with no signs of abuse. Rather than rebuild it, we decided to drive it and rebuild it when required. A testament to the quality of these transmissions, it hasn't failed and still shifts smoothly turning the 2.76 posi rear. The transmission does have a minor leak from one of the cooling line connections.

Interior. Originally black, we had an interior "expert" do an interior color change to white. The work is substandard and the quality of workmanship was not what we bargained for. While usable, the interior could use work, such as new door panels, seat foam and white headrests and sun visors. I understand that the headrests and sun visors are the same as the B-bodies.

Brakes. This car and the driver could benefit from disc brakes. Currently, the car has drum brakes on all four wheels. The drum brakes seem to be underpowered for the size of the car.

Weather Stripping. The weather stripping for the windows should be replaced.

Steering Wheel. For whatever reason, the steering wheel appears to be from a '69 B-body. Works fine and looks okay, but could use a '70 wheel.

Speedometer Cable. Needs new cable. Odometer does not reflect accurate mileage.

Headlight Motor Bracket. We don't have a headlight motor bracket. The donor Sport Fury did not come with a motor or bracket. Headlight doors are manually held open to drive at night.

Bottom line is this is a really solid car, tastefully restored and likely one-of-a kind with many years left to drive, work on and enjoy. If you have any questions or would like to discuss, please feel free to contact me any time via phone or text. Fore four oh, ate too three, two three nine sevin. Happy to fill you in on more details. Price is negotiable and I really would like to sell this car to the right buyer for a fair price. Bring a trailer or drive it home.

Thanks for looking,

Greg

THIS CAR IS BEING SOLD ON AN "AS IS, WHERE IS" BASIS AND THE SELLER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING WITH RESPECT TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AS TO ANY MATTER CONCERNING THE CAR OR THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THE BUYER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF THE CAR OR OTHERWISE AND ANY SUCH REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.

Finish the details, put some Road Wheels on it, get ride of the AAR/TA side exists and then it's nice.

neat. Not up to the level of $25K neat though

Remove side exhaust and get some Rallye wheels and fix some interior stuff to be really cool

$25k?????
NEEDS WORK
This car isn't perfect and is NOT a trailer queen. Our restoration focused on the major build out concerns, including rust-free body, workable drive-train and aesthetics. Below is a list of significant shortcomings and work yet to be completed:

No A/C Compressor, Blower Motor or Heater Core. The heater core had evidence of leaks and we never reinstalled it. Because we don't drive this car in the winter or cold weather (this car lived in Florida after restoration), we never missed heat. A/C wasn't missed either because we drive this car primarily in the nice weather with the top down.

TorqueFlite Transmission. The TorqueFlite 727 transmission is original to the car and has not been rebuilt. We had the transmission inspected before reassembly of the drive train and was told there were no major issues with the transmission, just normal wear with no signs of abuse. Rather than rebuild it, we decided to drive it and rebuild it when required. A testament to the quality of these transmissions, it hasn't failed and still shifts smoothly turning the 2.76 posi rear. The transmission does have a minor leak from one of the cooling line connections.

Interior. Originally black, we had an interior "expert" do an interior color change to white. The work is substandard and the quality of workmanship was not what we bargained for. While usable, the interior could use work, such as new door panels, seat foam and white headrests and sun visors. I understand that the headrests and sun visors are the same as the B-bodies.

Brakes. This car and the driver could benefit from disc brakes. Currently, the car has drum brakes on all four wheels. The drum brakes seem to be underpowered for the size of the car.

Steering Wheel. For whatever reason, the steering wheel appears to be from a '69 B-body. Works fine and looks okay, but could use a '70 wheel.

Headlight Motor Bracket. We don't have a headlight motor bracket. The donor Sport Fury did not come with a motor or bracket. Headlight doors are manually held open to drive at night.

:bs_flag:

Looks like great effort and skill went into it. I bet a narrow field of buyers because of the personal taste in colors.

Not worth half of what he's asking. I see it taking another 10 grand to finish it.
All showy and pretty but a mechanical shitstorm.
And that color... GAWD that is FKN awful.

neat. Not up to the level of $25K neat though

Remove side exhaust and get some Rallye wheels and fix some interior stuff to be really cool

It is really cool and they used a low optioned car to use as a base. I like it a lot

what exactly are you disagreeing with dave? I like it but feel at the upper prices I don't want a project w/ stuff needing re-accomplished. He stated the interior wasn't done right and there's still stuff to be done

I like what I see overall but not done yet.

" Below is a list of significant shortcomings and work yet to be completed:

Headlight Motor Bracket. We don't have a headlight motor bracket. The donor Sport Fury did not come with a motor or bracket. Headlight doors are manually held open to drive at night. "

Looks like great effort and skill went into it. I bet a narrow field of buyers because of the personal taste in colors.

Agree but I like the color personally

And that color... GAWD that is FKN awful.

I love the plum crazy and the white interior and approve of the upgrades/changes ... just wish it were a done car and I'd be seriously thinking of buying it and selling my B body convert

Agree but I like the color personally

I love the plum crazy and the white interior and approve of the upgrades/changes ... just wish it were a done car and I'd be seriously thinking of buying it and selling my B body convert
This shithead had the car completely apart. WTF was he thinking to bolt it all back up with those repairs still needing to be done? :mob:

A nice enough ragtop but way overpriced for the condition. What's that about a 69 wheel on a 70 column? If true it wouldn't fit.

That's a shame. Do all that work, even put it on a rotisserie just to dress it up like an E body. Side exhaust? GT stripes? Sorry guys, I owned a 1970 Challenger R/T vert, painted FC7 and this is no Challenger R//T vert.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back