Another Holy Grail C-body Resto Starts Here; 1970 Sport Fury S/23 "N" Code 383 4bbl

c-barge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Sounds very similar to what I faced trying to get my GT ready in time for Carlisle 2021. For me it was the alternator that ended up dying last minute before it was time to leave for the show.

SportFury70

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I got an update on the car with some good and bad news. The good news is my stepdad replaced the old brain from the car with a new one courtesy of our very good friend Bill or @FURYGT, and we took the car to our friend who painted it about 10 minutes away and it ran great with the car NOT dying on the side of the road! Right now we are thinking its fixed BUT we wanna take it for another ride to make sure that it is 100% good and ready. The bad news is we got home with the car and the heater valve was leaking and is now no good, so we ordered the one below that is currently on Ebay for $145.00. We also ordered a set of 383 hood emblems from Herbs for the good bulges because when the car was being restored one of the studs broke off. Anyway that is all for now.

NOS New Heater Valve, Mopar 2936490 1969 1970 1971 Chrysler, B-Body w/ A/C | eBay

Herb's Parts: 383 70-71, Emblems, 3613277R(1)

Unix

Reaction score
If it's not one thing it's another...:BangHead:
It took me about a year after the rebuild to make the car dependable. PS/ With "new" or rebuilt alternators, the first thing u have to do is change all the bearings - they WILL shit themselves in a few hundred or thousand miles. Very poor quality, and the make and price don't matter.

The only way to get it all sorted is by driving the car a lot, or on a daily basis for some time.

thrashingcows

Reaction score
It took me about a year after the rebuild to make the car dependable. PS/ With "new" or rebuilt alternators, the first thing u have to do is change all the bearings - they WILL shit themselves in a few hundred or thousand miles. Very poor quality, and the make and price don't matter.

The only way to get it all sorted is by driving the car a lot, or on a daily basis for some time.

And the quality of seals are just horrible. I have to redo hub seals on my 84 Cummins crewcab every year, front and rear, because they just don't last. I've tried them all from the cheapest to the most expensive and they fail prematurely.