Another orphan found our driveway...

The finished product. Not too shabby!

6EB47536-F014-4313-B453-C90A96409866.jpeg

Got some more stuff gussied up today as well.

“New” set of door panels we picked up at carlisle. These aren’t great, but atleast they match. There was a mis matched pair in the truck. Only spent $20 on this new pair.

Somebody had painted them before, and it was quite a crappy job. Went over em with 180 grit sandpaper to get the loose stuff off first. Then on with the normal procedure.

42726FD4-7F91-4C9C-B93E-D0B9E320A5F2.jpeg

040167C7-B0AC-4F92-B579-9C28F3903244.jpeg

Also got the one ok armrest done. Want to get a nicer pair before installing.

ADFC90D5-E50B-4005-A228-B93D6374837C.jpeg

Back wall piece had some cracks up top. Fixed them with some 2 part epoxy, and fiberglass. Didnt bother filling the front of the cracks, just some new paint to help hide em..

6D7B6E0A-5A87-4C4E-AFEB-42442B085ADC.jpeg

DE2FD2A2-08FA-40D2-9593-B849580212CF.jpeg

Also got the rear side wall pieces done too. Same as the back wall piece. Fixed the cracks, and a new coat of paint.

AE93B1C2-D40C-4F16-886C-C7A9446055BF.jpeg

Just have the “new” center console left, as well as the dash. Should be a big improvement over what it was.

The finished product. Not too shabby!

View attachment 161350

Got some more stuff gussied up today as well.

“New” set of door panels we picked up at carlisle. These aren’t great, but atleast they match. There was a mis matched pair in the truck. Only spent $20 on this new pair.

Somebody had painted them before, and it was quite a crappy job. Went over em with 180 grit sandpaper to get the loose stuff off first. Then on with the normal procedure.

View attachment 161349

View attachment 161352

Also got the one ok armrest done. Want to get a nicer pair before installing.

View attachment 161354

Back wall piece had some cracks up top. Fixed them with some 2 part epoxy, and fiberglass. Didnt bother filling the front of the cracks, just some new paint to help hide em..

View attachment 161351

View attachment 161355

Also got the rear side wall pieces done too. Same as the back wall piece. Fixed the cracks, and a new coat of paint.

View attachment 161353

Just have the “new” center console left, as well as the dash. Should be a big improvement over what it was.
Truck parts hanging from the ceiling fan and all over the house.. I love it!!!! U Da Man!!!

Looking great! My plastic got the SEM treatment and it's wearing great.
Before you lower the rear you might go to a scale and check the weight distribution front vs rear. I suspect you are pretty nose heavy so for drive ability you may need some patio stones in the box to balance things out. Years ago I had a 57 Ford which was born with a straight 6 and I swapped in a 430 Lincoln V8. Car ran great but wouldn't turn worth a darn and the faster I drove it the worse it got. I never solved the problem, but I did make it much more manageable by throwing some heads and a few manual trans in the trunk.

Truck parts hanging from the ceiling fan and all over the house.. I love it!!!! U Da Man!!!

Ofcoarse! If your cold, they are cold too! They are now tucked in, in the spare room awaiting install lol

AA2D51B4-4EF6-4784-83C3-116AACEA724E.jpeg

Wow, I'm sold on SEM products after seeing the results.

Nick

Hopefully they last! Thats the real test. I’m a bit nervous about the steering wheel. Not sure how good it’ll hold up being handled all the time. Luckily its the same color, so won’t he too obvious, but it deff needs some freshening up.

Here is a couple comparison shots from one of the original panels. New color is a tas lighter, but they can pass as factory I believe.

60E47222-58F2-4A7C-9D22-B92D72DC58E5.jpeg

9538EFAF-01C1-42B5-B91B-5DFB5C2235A0.jpeg

Looking great! My plastic got the SEM treatment and it's wearing great.
Before you lower the rear you might go to a scale and check the weight distribution front vs rear. I suspect you are pretty nose heavy so for drive ability you may need some patio stones in the box to balance things out. Years ago I had a 57 Ford which was born with a straight 6 and I swapped in a 430 Lincoln V8. Car ran great but wouldn't turn worth a darn and the faster I drove it the worse it got. I never solved the problem, but I did make it much more manageable by throwing some heads and a few manual trans in the trunk.

Yea, she obviously has a little more weight up front, but surprisingly the truck doesnt seem to sit any lower then it did before. I don’t notice any drive ability issues from it. Still seems to drive the same. Can tell it is putting some more stress on the front end, but they are 40 yr old original parts. Haven’t failed yet.

I look at it as it can’t be any worse then throwing a plow on the front. Trucks have done fine with those on em for years. Being a one ton helps a bunch too I’d imagine.

Got some more stuff painted today. I screwed up though.... Was a bit too humid to be painting. It started raining right after I started spraying ofcoarse lol. The tan is pretty flat, and has no luster to it. Hard to tell in the pics, but doesnt quite match the shine of the other panels. Oh well. Atleast it will give a little contrast to the other panels I guess. I have nothing to compare the black on the wheel too, so hopefully that atleast is correct.

As mentioned in another thread, the truck is over at my buddies shop getting new trans lines, and the injection pump played with. Hopefully get her back this week.

We are planing on taking the truck, and towing the bluesmobile to carlisle this year. Have a little list of stuff to get done for the trip. Rear gears are on the top of the list, along with installing a new hitch, and other things. Fingers crossed we can make it happen!

D4B6A03C-D5BB-4B49-9BA8-EA76A9D12E2C.jpeg
39BF554A-5F20-4BE7-891D-04D33ECB6B3E.jpeg
456A5F48-9297-46C9-BC53-8A6D54A3ED7C.jpeg
73306CEA-99F5-4EFE-9D7D-A4FE4A3A10CC.jpeg

Got some more stuff painted today. I screwed up though.... Was a bit too humid to be painting. It started raining right after I started spraying ofcoarse lol. The tan is pretty flat, and has no luster to it. Hard to tell in the pics, but doesnt quite match the shine of the other panels. Oh well. Atleast it will give a little contrast to the other panels I guess. I have nothing to compare the black on the wheel too, so hopefully that atleast is correct.

As mentioned in another thread, the truck is over at my buddies shop getting new trans lines, and the injection pump played with. Hopefully get her back this week.

We are planing on taking the truck, and towing the bluesmobile to carlisle this year. Have a little list of stuff to get done for the trip. Rear gears are on the top of the list, along with installing a new hitch, and other things. Fingers crossed we can make it happen!

View attachment 165042 View attachment 165043 View attachment 165044 View attachment 165045
That's it? Sounds like a couple of weekends worth of work for you! You're going to have a new truck when you're done "going through" it!

That's it? Sounds like a couple of weekends worth of work for you! You're going to have a new truck when you're done "going through" it!

Well, its all work that I’m gonna farm out $$$ thats the tough part lol.

Also want to find a good trailer brake controller, that will work on the primitive truck. Im assuming just splicing into the brake light switch?? Idk.

You guys have any pointers for this?

Who knew “Red Solo Cups” had so many uses outside drinking.. lol

Those little bastards have been great! Bought em for beer pong in the garage years ago, and have been used for everything you could think of since. These are the last of the stash lol

Also want to find a good trailer brake controller, that will work on the primitive truck. Im assuming just splicing into the brake light switch?? Idk.

Those little bastards have been great! Bought em for beer pong in the garage years ago, and have been used for everything you could think of since. These are the last of the stash lol
Here's what I used. It's a 4 wire hookup. Power, ground,Input from brake light switch, power out to brakes.

Trailer Brake Control - Proportional

upload_2018-1-28_20-20-3.png

Looking great Zac, can't wait to see the new interior.
What kinda model are you working on btw?

Its a Christine. Was a xmas gift. I’ve never had the patience, or skill for models. But figured, I’d give it a try. Havn’t touched it in over a weak now... I got the body painted, but it needs another coat.

I’d rather be working on the real things.

C6D23B3F-9E59-4BB7-B7CF-B6313192B919.jpeg

I'm using the Northern tool $59 special... no complaints. I am fortunate in that the burb was prewired from the factory so all I had to do is dig the wires out of the harness and connect the ends. Use the FSM to make the wiring connections and the controller directions to assure the correct fuses and relay connections... any of them should be easy to wire up, just don't get too far from power before the fuse and don't go too small on the wiring. Make sure you buy for 4 brakes...

https://www.northerntool.com/images/product/2000x2000/637/637225_2000x2000.jpg
637225_700x700.jpg

Every time you load her the braking will be a bit different, if you work like me... you'll confuse the +/- at first, but get something that works good pretty quick.

Back