Antenna

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I came across this antenna assy in my stash today. Labled as "removed from a Newport". number 22071872. I don't think it's a power antenna, anybody know...?
It's complete with a nice mast, both screw in and base bezels.

PM if interested and we can come up with a fair price.

DSC04257.JPG
DSC04256.JPG

The stamped number, if a Chrysler part number, would be about 1962 model year, which was the last model year for that body shell.

Delco did build Chrysler search-tuners for many years. They might have supplied other OEM antenna parts (per Chrysler build specs), too.

Power? Where the motor? Is the bottom of the tube capped? Open so that the mast can be pushed/pulled by the plastic tube (at least on later models) to extend/retract the mast? Power antennas were all one unit, motor on the bottom, which is also where the reel for the "cable" was located. Might be a parts book illustration in the Chrysler 300 www.jholst.net parts book listings?

CBODY67

[QUOTE="CBODY67,

Power? Where the motor? Is the bottom of the tube capped? Open so that the mast can be pushed/pulled by the plastic tube (at least on later models) to extend/retract the mast? Power antennas were all one unit, motor on the bottom, CBODY67[/QUOTE]

After looking at the exploded view in a parts book, (1962), I'm convinced this is a power antenna from the early to mid 60's. Motor and cable is missing. Maybe a good parts piece for someone. Thanks for your input CBODY67.
DSC04258.JPG
DSC04259.JPG

Back