Any Audiophiles Here?

Stormer

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm picking out the sound system for the Polara & leaning heavily towards Focal. Any thoughts?

You guys are no help...
I'm afraid I won't be either as much as I love music, I don't need to hear it through the best system in a car. If we would have had more time yesterday, Ross, the building behind me is home to a couple of audiophiles that have some serious hardware for the home. They're into turntables and vinyl pretty heavy and have some spinners that are 14K + and look like surgical equipment and they're playing them through speakers that pushing 40K per pair and more!

Thanks, Matt. I think I got it figured out though. Focal all the way.....

I'm picking out the sound system for the Polara & leaning heavily towards Focal. Any thoughts?

Focal is outstanding top shelf stuff. I have a Focal surround sound system mounted on the walls and the wiring is in the walls and under the sub-floor of my man cave. Unbelievable sound!!!!

I drive the cats crazy when there's a cat meowing on TV. They'll come running into the room when they hear it. I'll keep backing it up 30 seconds until I get tired of it. It'll hold their attention for a few minutes.

I knew you'd pick stereo over exhaust. Just knew it....

Ross has no problem putting both sound and exhaust systems in the Polara.

Ross, do you have a link to the Focal system you are considering?

I knew you'd pick stereo over exhaust. Just knew it....
Why is it one or the other?
Ross has no problem putting both sound and exhaust systems in the Polara.

Ross, do you have a link to the Focal system you are considering?

Exactly, Bob gets it.

I haven't picked it out yet but I'll do 4 - 6.5 components + 2 - 10" subs & a 4 -channel + a mono block.

Leaning towards these:

http://www.focal.com/en/k2-power/172-165-kr-3544051751322.html

Why is it one or the other?

Exactly, Bob gets it.

I haven't picked it out yet but I'll do 4 - 6.5 components + 2 - 10" subs & a 4 -channel + a mono block.

Leaning towards these:

http://www.focal.com/en/k2-power/172-165-kr-3544051751322.html

That system is going to thump. I want to put something in the 300, but I want it heard not seen. I have put wiring to the glove box for the head unit and run power wire to the trunk for a amp. I have even though of putting a vented A/C dash (without the A/C) just to hide some tweeters.

This won't be seen either. The head unit will be the original radio (modified) and other than speakers in the doors, you won't see anything. Black grates on black door panels should blend right in.

Cool.

The 300 has carpet on the lower third of the door. I still might try and mount some 6" behind the carpet so you would not see them at all. If I were only running midrange in the doors I don't think the carpet would effect the sound. If I ran a full range speaker then that would be the only source for my high range and the carpet may muddy up the sound. I plan on doing some experimenting before I decide.

We are running Kicker gear in the fury, while not "top of the line" stuff, it is very good sound for the $$ paid.
we run 4 x 6inch component speakers with splitters and a 12inch square sub, running off a 700w 5 channel amp, it runs off a JVC mp3 headunit sitting in the glove box.
Front speakers are set in an old set of kick panels, I fibreglassed some plastic buckets and mdf rings to the panel to take the speakers, rear speakers are set in a custom mdf parcel shelf

sub is set in a mdf box with the amp, the box also covers up the airbag compressor and takn, for a tidy trunk

Sounds good, loud enough to hear over the big block

We are running Kicker gear in the fury, while not "top of the line" stuff, it is very good sound for the $$ paid.
we run 4 x 6inch component speakers with splitters and a 12inch square sub, running off a 700w 5 channel amp, it runs off a JVC mp3 headunit sitting in the glove box.
Front speakers are set in an old set of kick panels, I fibreglassed some plastic buckets and mdf rings to the panel to take the speakers, rear speakers are set in a custom mdf parcel shelf

sub is set in a mdf box with the amp, the box also covers up the airbag compressor and takn, for a tidy trunk

Sounds good, loud enough to hear over the big block
Awesome, I can't wait to see the finished product.

But they are made in France. . .
That is true. Do you have a suggestion for a comparable made in USA brand?

Got off my *** & ordered tonight:

All Focal:

4 - 6.5" K2 component speakers w/crossovers
1 - 11" K2 subwoofer
1 - FPP 4 channel amp
1 - FPP mono block sub amp

Gonna jam.

Back