Any chance to find out where mopar shot their commercials in the 60´s?

fyriskung

Reaction score
I’m interested in move locations (and mopar cars:) ), and I have seen some really nice looking mopar commercial videos from the 60’s. Is there any chance to locate where this places are in the videos? It would be so fun to see how these places look today :)

I specially like a commercial/promo video of Plymouth fury 1969. Look how nice the surrounding are, the small just planted trees, the bright spring light in the pictures. They really caches the feeling of a new suburban made for family’s of the US baby boomers how just start earning good money (which they of course should spend on a new car! ). Probably many potential buyers were exactly in this situation in the end of the 60’s. I dream back to those days when I see such a move :)

In the end of the commercial it outlines that this is produced by ROSS ROY INc. Detroit, Michigan. Maybe their commercials was filmed not so faraway from Detroit then?

Info on Ross Roy: Ross Roy Inc.

Anyone how have thoughts of where this can be located? Or where to find such info?

2.JPG

x.JPG

x2.JPG

Ross Roy was the Chrysler ad agency back then. I suspect they, like GM, Ford, and others, used many varied locations, depending upon the vehicle they were doing the commercial/ad layout for.

In the '50s, Jam Handy was the Chevrolet agency which did the majority of the GM Motoramic commercials/videos.

LOTS of neat stuff on YouTube, car-ad related!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Freeway shots were often done on the uncompleted I-696 portion near Telegraph/Lodge interchange. I-696 west of Telegragh Rd was built early 60s while eastbound wasn’t extended ‘till the 80s

Back