any idea where to get this sway bar bushing

saylor

Reaction score
sway-bar-end-.jpg <-- I dunno what to call this bushing,, its at the ends of the sway bar... in the book it just says "cushion". Anyone know what to call it or a part # or anything? Off a 1968 Plymouth fury front sway bar . . . thanks all. - Saylor

sway-bar-end-.jpg

sway-bar-hangar.jpg OK what think tank came up with this plan? The rubbers are pinch welded in there? Whats the fix going forward here? Drill a hole thru each side for a future nut/bolt, then hack saw this thing apart?

sway-bar-hangar.jpg

ya I just went and checked the box,,, k7061 is the hangar bushings and square bushings, but not the strut rod/sway bar end bushing... I think you are correct that I also need the k7064

ya hell ya that's it ^^ kick *** info thanks a bunch. ill get the k7064 this week during the week and have it back on next weekend hopefully. what did you do about the hangar part - were yours welded together/shut?

Yes ,drill one hole and bend a litel, new bushing is separeted so its easy ti fit in, then use a screw thats comes with in the box, a "no brainer", exuse my English in Swedish.
ya hell ya that's it ^^ kick *** info thanks a bunch. ill get the k7064 this week during the week and have it back on next weekend hopefully. what did you do about the hangar part - were yours welded together/shut?

OK got the other bushings - so to do the whole sway bar you need 2 moog kits k7061 and k7064.
Also picked up some OEM monroe rear gas shocks $19.99 ea all at oreillys. was trying to pry a side loose, slipped, and poked a hole in my palm on the edge of the toolbox... so i switched to the hacksaw to start cutting a weld apart, slipped, and sawed my thumb. Then i went inside and played video games.

somewhere in Michigan, summer 1967. Chrysler Design Building - Suspension Department: Design Chief: Johnson! We need to make our swaybar different than every other swaybar ever made on the face of planet earth. Johnson: Sir! What if we WELD all the bushings in place? Chief: Johnson, that's brilliant! Johnson: Thank you sir! Chief: Hand me another Molson out of the icebox. Johnson: Yes sir! swaybar-mount-cut-apart.jpg

swaybar-mount-cut-apart.jpg

sway-bar-installed.jpg sway bar and hangar POR15 coated and reinstalled with new moog bushings, new grade 5 & 8 hardware, nylon lock nuts.

sway-bar-installed.jpg

I did all this on the wagon, and I hated how the car handled. It also made clunking noises as well. So I bucked up...pun intended...and bought a Firm feel 1.125" front bar. Bar none...again pun intended....one of the best upgrades I did to the wagon. :)

I was thinking (maybe that's bad) that when I put the bar back on, the front suspension was maxxed out ,, , up on jacks. I went and loosened everything so it has play in it until I put the front end back on the ground flat somewhere. Then ill retighten,, hopefully it will sort of line itself up and be nice.

Back