any rat rod c-bodies out there?

DarkwingFury

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm new to the site. I love alot of the cars on here and have ton of respect for what you guys have to go through to restore these since there aren't really aftermarket parts for these c-bodies and original parts a almost extinct. But my question is does anyone rat rod or hot rod these things out or is that a no no here? I see very nice cars but most aren't really my style. Am I in the wrong crowd?

you probably wont find any on this site the C body's on here are all really nice and restored from what I see

you probably wont find any on this site the C body's on here are all really nice and restored from what I see

Yeah that's kind of what I'm noticing. Seems to be faux pas? Well I wanted something diff than my friends and fam who all have camaros, stangs, etc. I might just have to be the black sheep of the black sheep c-bodies.

Groucho Marx said I wouldn't want to be in a club that would want me anyway I admire that fact you want something C bodys are Boats but they are unique

Yeah that's kind of what I'm noticing. Seems to be faux pas? Well I wanted something diff than my friends and fam who all have camaros, stangs, etc. I might just have to be the black sheep of the black sheep c-bodies.
Im not into the rat rod look but being Mopar breathern your still welcome here in my book. There are a couple members here who are into to that so you wouldn't be absolutely alone.

You want something different??
How about taking a C where someone thought he was making a cool rat rod out of it and returning it to a as-original condition. Don't see much of that.

Posted via Topify on Android

Welcome to our humble discussion board. We accept visitors or all persuations...LOL.

marie-claire-italia-hotel-california.jpeg

I guess it depends on your definition of "rat rod".

To me a rat rod is an old car with a bunch of totally unrelated parts thrown together with bird **** welds, skulls and red wheels. No consideration to quality of the work or safety of the occupants or people that happen to be on the road at the same time. The driver is some sort of poser wannbe dressed in 50's style with greased hair.

To others, the "rat rod" definition is any car that looks a little bit like it's not stock.

A lot of the cars you will see on this forum are not quite stock... ranging from Stormer's great looking Imperial to Mr C's stock black formals.... and everywhere in between. You won't see what I define as "rat rod"... but a black primered Chrysler might just fit your definition.

I think most of the cars you see here are stock with some updates to improve performance and drivability. Some mods are done to personalize their rides too like maybe a little paint or interior work.

To me a rat rod is an old car with a bunch of totally unrelated parts thrown together with bird **** welds, skulls and red wheels. No consideration to quality of the work or safety of the occupants or people that happen to be on the road at the same time. The driver is some sort of poser wannbe dressed in 50's style with greased hair.

To others, the "rat rod" definition is any car that looks a little bit like it's not stock.

A lot of the cars you will see on this forum are not quite stock... ranging from Stormer's great looking Imperial to Mr C's stock black formals.... and everywhere in between. You won't see what I define as "rat rod"... but a black primered Chrysler might just fit your definition.

I think most of the cars you see here are stock with some updates to improve performance and drivability. Some mods are done to personalize their rides too like maybe a little paint or interior work.
Agree with everything above. Another area where people like to customize is with wheels. For example between 65 and 68 Ma Mopar didn't produce Road Wheels bigger than 14". Today it can be a challenge to find the correct diameter tires without spending a fortune on Cokers. Hence you'll see some mild to wild rims put on Slabs.

I got this 64 Newport I am planing such a thing. It's dark green. Already has black steelies on it. I have been gathering parts as I find them. Not going to be over the top. More of a driver that I'm not going to spend much money on the cosmetics. However I don't know when I will ever get to it. Anyhow good luck with yours

There are a couple of cars done in black primer and at least one of them has some pinstriping done on it. They have aftermarket wheels on them too. I don't know if that qualifies them as "Rat Rods" though.

You may be able to find videos of C-Bodies on YouTube that might fit the description. One that comes to mind is a heavily modified '65 or '66 Dodge. I think I posted a link to it in the C-Body Drag Cars thread.

:) Welcome to the site!

I guess that's sort of the difference there. I'm not talking rust bucket greaser. Just mainly not original parts. Bunch of minor aftermarket minor customizations and some obvious not stock features I.e. Peep mirrors, shaved handles, custom lights etc. Right now it looks like a rat rod wanna be simply cuz its black and its a driving project but I plan on more than blanket seat cover type fixes etc.

I wouldn't consider this 66 Newport a rat rod, but I like the flat black and the patina look when tastefully done.

Undefined-Chrysler--47010.jpg

Undefined-Chrysler--47010.jpg

Back