Any Realtors on here from Central MO?

mopar_4life

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm moving to Waynesville/St Roberts area next year and I was hoping to purchase a house and will need a real estate agent. I figured if there was someone I could keep it "in the Family"....

Thanks

Eric

Do your self a big favor. Skip the real estate agent , they are useless . Go to zillow or trulia, find a good home inspector and good real estate lawyer.

Do your self a big favor. Skip the real estate agent , they are useless . Go to zillow or trulia, find a good home inspector and good real estate lawyer.
IMO The above statement is soooo very true.....
Real estate agent only have their own best interest at heart...

I disagree. Zillow is complete crap when it comes to individual home valuation, and is often very misleading. You might see a few houses of interest on these sites, but when it comes down to to I think you should find a reputable realtor who knows the area, which these automated sites can't do, and you not being familiar with the area you just don't know where to avoid without spending time on the ground.

Isn't a realtor's own best interest to find their client what they want in their price range? They don't get paid unless their client is happy enough to buy or sell.

IMO The above statement is soooo very true.....

@BigblueC when my daughter was transferred from Alberta to Ontario she used a realtor in the area that was recommended to her. A long distance move is completely different than a local, or regional move. I went with her to look at houses, but prior to out arrival, the local realtor had searched out and found homes with the criteria set by my daughter. This allowed us to look at the candidates in a relatively short time, as all the appointments were made prior to out arrival. She found her home within 3 days with minimal running around and confusion. Without a realtor helping us in this situation, I can safely say it would have taken us well over a week to survey the area. Just something to consider if you need to make trips to find a place.

Pack your bags and go spend a week there by yourself. Learn the area.
Then decide.
Worked for me.
That's been my routine too.
And be sure to visit any interesting homes during rush hours and at night. Cruising around on a weekend doesn't give you a clue how bad traffic might get during the work commute.

My buddy and I will be heading out early before the move. We are both PCS'ing at the same time. We have been looking on zwilow... but would like an agent to help with all of the paperwork and help line up houses to view. Thanks for all of the responses.

I am not a realtor. I do not know any realtors. But I'm going to agree Zillow is crap. They have the house next door to mine valued at $10K higher. It has the exact same layout, same square footage and a smaller garage. It has never had a remodeling job in the kitchen (vintage 1966). We've remodeled the kitchen, both bathrooms, the family room, put on a new roof and new siding in 14 years.

Mopar_4life, I have no idea how to find a realtor other than google search. Maybe a local realtor who you know can help you get in touch with someone, I would suspect that at least the big names have a net work.

But I'm going to agree Zillow is crap.

Zillow says that my property (brick ranch w basement, 30x30 garage, more vehicle storage, 20x40 in ground pool) is worth an estimated $14,000 <not a typo. Maybe if I have a day with nothing to do I'll bring this up with the county tax appraiser because they are over taxing me:lol:

Last edited:
Pack your bags and go spend a week there by yourself. Learn the area.
Then decide.
Worked for me.

I like that idea, that way you really get the feel of an area that you want to resettle down in, instead of buying, moving then regretting it afterwards just to do it all over again. :(:(

upload_2017-8-19_11-17-42.jpeg

Back