Anybody going to the Mopar Nationals?

66/440

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone will be going to the Nationals this year or has been in previous years?
I am taking my two sons and would like some advice about how things work in general. I plan on flying in and renting a car ( challenger , charger or mopar of some kind) and registering for the fun field. Setting up a tent and using that as a base of operations for the three days. Want to make sure that that plan will work. Also any other advise to a first timer.

I think there is more than one show called "Nationals." the one I know if the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA in July...... do you mean that one or a different one?

I've been to the Nationals in Ohio , not worth all the energy you're investing.

The All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle. ... now that one you'll need to double your time

I've been to the Nationals in Ohio , not worth all the energy you're investing.

The All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle. ... now that one you'll need to double your time
My understanding is they are different kind of events. You are right, I would probably enjoy the Carlisle event more. However, I have a 20 and a 27 year old that are more focused on the race component. And I will be out of the country during Carlisle so this year it is The Nationals in Ohio.

They are two different types of an event, you are correct. Have a good time. Since I'm two hours from Carlisle I compare all events to them, really an unfair comparison

I'll be there and I think you have a good plan. The swap meet is the main event for me and it's where I spend most of my time.

Fun field is spread all over, we usually try to get in and around the snow fence separating the FF and swap meet, kind of a central local for swap meet, pits, manufacture midway, car corral. Looking from route 40 downtrack the judged showfield cars are on the left I can't help with that I have never been there.

They are two different types of an event, you are correct. Have a good time. Since I'm two hours from Carlisle I compare all events to them, really an unfair comparison
I'm 2 hours(actually made it home from the track in an hour and a half one year, I was in a hurry:D) from Columbus and I haven't been to the MoPar Nationals in years. Carlisle is a superior show/swap meet, and it is run much better(which wouldn't take much), and not having any racing suits me just fine. Carlisle is 8+ hours one way from here, and I go to Carlisle, but that's just me.

I'll be there and I think you have a good plan. The swap meet is the main event for me and it's where I spend most of my time.
I would like to try to do this event, maybe in 2018, just so I can meet up with a few more of my favorite FCBO members... and a nice swap is always fun.

I would be impressed by anything that came close to the Carlisle event, but to be honest a little smaller and Mopar related would be easier to try to take in.

Nothing compares to Carlisle. The swap at the Nats was very disappointing to me , probably 10% of the size at Carlisle.
The swap at Moparfest was also a bit disappointing as it to was the size of 1 row at Carlisle but I liked the show better than the Nats

10% Dave? Is that Really based on fact?

skeptisch.gif

Hey 66/440. If you sonz are into the 1320' thing, get them hooked up with the Huston Mopar Club and go from there. They have several meets every year at the Huston Drag Way rite there in your back yard. Also hook them up with the San Antonio Mopar Club. Both those clubs get together at a Chrysler Dealership on the N.W side of S.A. every fall for a joint show. Both clubs are mostly B-body+ E-body guyz and girlz but they all loved my 300 Hurst when we lived in Austin and over all a great bunch of folkz in both clubs and both are on the web. Both clubs would hook up at the Chrysler Dealership every May in Bastrop too but I don't know if that joint get-together is still going on? Jer

Hey 66/440. If you sonz are into the 1320' thing, get them hooked up with the Huston Mopar Club and go from there. They have several meets every year at the Huston Drag Way rite there in your back yard. Also hook them up with the San Antonio Mopar Club. Both those clubs get together at a Chrysler Dealership on the N.W side of S.A. every fall for a joint show. Both clubs are mostly B-body+ E-body guyz and girlz but they all loved my 300 Hurst when we lived in Austin and over all a great bunch of folkz in both clubs and both are on the web. Both clubs would hook up at the Chrysler Dealership every May in Bastrop too but I don't know if that joint get-together is still going on? Jer
Thanks for the info on the local clubs. Both boys have project mopars '66 Coronet and a '72 Scamp that are still in the building stages. Older boy likes the cruise thing younger is building more of a race/street car.

Fun field is spread all over, we usually try to get in and around the snow fence separating the FF and swap meet, kind of a central local for swap meet, pits, manufacture midway, car corral. Looking from route 40 downtrack the judged showfield cars are on the left I can't help with that I have never been there.
Thanks that kinda narrows it down a good location to set up.

Is that an open parking area?

Thanks for the info on the local clubs. Both boys have project mopars '66 Coronet and a '72 Scamp that are still in the building stages. Older boy likes the cruise thing younger is building more of a race/street car.
'66 Coronet= B-body, '72 Scamp= A-body, and '66440= Your C-body You guyz have ALL the basez covered, and you should fit rite in with both groupz. Don't know if the groups are still doin' it but several in both those clubz are on the National Charger Registry '66 thru' '74 and held National meets at the park in down town Boerne, just west of S.A. Tell your youngest your communicating with a crusty '0le Dude that ownz an '83 Scamp and see the look on hiz face........L-body BTW lol, Jer

Last edited:
Back