Anybody going to the Mopar Nats this year?

MoparJim

Reaction score
Last year Lisa and I made the mistake of traveling back to Ohio on Saturday and then attending on Sunday and due to it being the last day and so much rain Friday and Saturday there was almost nobody there. It was very disappointing. So, lesson learned and I will probably attend on Friday and I am curious who else might be planning to go. I am flying in the week before for a wedding so I won't have my car there, but it might be nice to introduce myself in person to any other members who plan to be there.

I plan to be there Friday and Saturday. Couple hour drive for us. Look for the 69 300.

I will only be there on Saturday unless my plans change.

It was a mess last year, there was so much rain on Friday, it turned into a mud hole. Saturday wasn't as bad, but a light drizzle kept anyone from racing.

I know there are a lot of people at the swap meet on Friday and should still be many cars while come for the weekend, the biggest turn out is still Saturday.

I’ll be in the parts department.:lol:

I haven't been in awhile, but any year we went you wanted to be there Thursday if you were looking for parts and Sat night for the craziest of the antics. Then it was Friday on Brice cuz by sat they had it locked down... But then Heath opened up...

I'll be there on Friday and Saturday. Yeah . . . was a little wet last year, but not too bad. Last year I was encouraged that it actually looked like the swap meet picked up a little from what it had been (I remember when it used to be jam-packed wall-to-wall). But I echo what was being said in the other thread . . . with the internet, and whatever - it's a hard sell to get people to come out into the 90 degree heat, to slog thru the mud for 8-10 hours. I love it, and will continue to do as much as I can, up until I can't do it anymore (hopefully, many more years). Hope to see you all there!

Fri, Sat, little bit Sunday.
Although there is not a C body line a place to meet and grab a photo would be okay. I would suggest Matt's swap spots at let's say 10am for those that might have been at Carlisle.
Of that's okay with Matt.

Fri, Sat, little bit Sunday.
Although there is not a C body line a place to meet and grab a photo would be okay. I would suggest Matt's swap spots at let's say 10am for those that might have been at Carlisle.
Of that's okay with Matt.
That’s fine by me just prepared to be razzed by the douchebags that I will be there with, they still don’t get the land yacht seen but they’re harmless.:lol:
I will update with space numbers when I remember what they are....

By the way I have a ton of stuff listed for sale on this website if you search the classifieds for threads started by detmatt. I don’t know how much of it I will bring but if you see something that you want and you are sure you’re going to buy it, let me know and I’ll bring it.

I was there today only. Some really awesome cars, incl. a few C Bods.

27C166B2-17E0-41C4-8FDE-A68A40504F41.jpeg

7076E20E-F9D5-4A1E-8010-173FD5DA2D02.jpeg

08719199-9626-4140-BFEC-FEF5185C9519.jpeg

CD3D90DE-4C10-4829-9A88-F2150063A799.jpeg

C656E52B-B171-4DAF-8438-5221210C1D81.jpeg

E496F6A2-6F57-4096-B0F5-AE9EF05B899E.jpeg

Here is the crew from today. From left to right Mike AJ Matt and Dave.

I will add a few photos and more later, great weather, Goldie drove perfectly, nice to catch up with everyone. Thanks again Dave for saving me a spot.

20190810_102908.jpg
IMG_7074.JPG
IMG_7080.JPG
IMG_7081.JPG
IMG_7082.JPG
IMG_7083.JPG
IMG_7084.JPG
IMG_7092.JPG

Nice pics. Didn’t make it this year. How was the tirnout?

It was perfect weather for August and it was packed. I saw many cars which I have not seen before. The cars were running great down the strip

I didn't take many pictures this year here are a few from the show. The 66 Charger was one of my favorites.

IMG_7086.JPG
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7088.JPG
IMG_7089.JPG
IMG_7090.JPG
IMG_7076.JPG
IMG_7077.JPG
IMG_7078.JPG
IMG_7079.JPG

It was a great turnout and thankfully the weather was perfect except for the tornadic activity on Thursday afternoon.:wtf:
I know a few people/vendors lost almost everything and a whole bunch more lost their canopies which were in twisted wrecks all over the grounds. I took cover inside my van which felt like it was going to blow away for at least 15 minutes and when it was over I got out to find only 3 plastic cowl screens were blown off my tables:wideyed:. We really lucked out in our row and just had to deal with a lot of wet parts before we could cover everything up for the night.
It was great seeing Mike & Dave again, however briefly and meeting A.J. (Jolly Joker). I was busy enough in the swap meet that I managed to make a full tour of the swap meet and the car corral but never made it to the show field, midway or the race track. Oh and no pictures either...

Back