Anybody have any experience with Walker Exhaust?

Fuselage Years

1. Beep Beep Dave

Beep Beep Dave Senior Member

My 1972 Monaco Wagon has its original exhaust in very decent shape...that is with the exception of the muffler. It was missing when I got it. I was looking online and came across this. My question is has anyone used Walker's for their Fuselage?
    WALKER® EXHAUST SYSTEMS :: E-Catalog Lookup

2. Beep Beep Dave

IMG_20180911_010815_edit.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigmoparjeff

bigmoparjeff Senior Member

When you look closely, you will see that the only parts available in the diagram are the hangers, clamps, and muffler.

I've had good luck with Classic Exhaust in Ohio. He probably has the best prices of the three or four places making up pipes these days.

Classic Exhaust Inc.

Jeff

4. 68 4spd Fury

68 4spd Fury Well-Known Member

I used walker mufflers, not the pipes. I measured what was there and was able to match up a pair on their site that were the same size and pipe in and out positions as original, (the only difference is the OEM was a 2 1/4 exit, had to go with 2 1/2), they work great. #17827 SoundFX, $33.97 ea. on Amazon.

5. Beep Beep Dave

Thanks guys. I am thinking I will only need the muffler. It was gone when I got the car. The inlet and outlet pipes seem pretty good.

Dave

6. 73Coupe

73Coupe Senior Member

I'm on my second pair of Walker mufflers now and I don't like them. Too loud, even with 2.25" pipes.

The 1xxxx series is their "el cheapo" line - I tried that first. Then I switched to their quiet flow line, better built and ss construction, but still too loud. They're all single wall body construction as well which makes them sound tinny.

I finally gave up and now having new mufflers made by Waldrons based on the 71-72 dual style, 25" body length and dual wall. See my "New Dual Exhaust" thread on this forum for more info on the Walkers.

If you have single exhaust, perhaps the Walkers will sound ok. It's basically a trial and error method 'til you get what you like.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  7. cm23uoc

cm23uoc Old Man with a Hat

At least in Europe this brand has been known for cheap Quality with fast rust-through for decades.

8. The Goose

The Goose Senior Member

Just saw this today.

F550B446-4B90-4D33-B75E-0E8A049DF347.jpeg

• Like Like x 3