Anybody heard from PomonaMissile

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I haven't seen him post in a while. He lives in California somewhere. In some of the pics he post he was in the mountains & it looked very dry around. I hope he's ok.

Based on his name I'd assume he's in the Pomona area and the nearest fire 40 miles away.

Alan (nearest fire 50 miles away)

hey boys , i just been bizzy taking care of things , blow up the 727 in mine 64 d100 . broke a butch of stiff in it .
DSC01436.JPG
DSC01437.JPG
DSC01420.JPG
DSC01421.JPG
DSC01422.JPG
DSC01427.JPG
DSC01428.JPG
DSC01429.JPG
DSC01430.JPG
DSC01431.JPG
and its just been f........n cold at the shop here after the sun goes down . fix the pick up but this ones not right , so i'm been gathering parts for the broken one . so i can drive it until the next one can go in . got my 69 d200 going . but that still some repairs away . just light work and the wood ing the bed is so rotten its falling out just by looking hard at it . lol ;) . but i need to get going on my customers dart , motor is ready for assembly , but i need to just the chassi set up for everything . sub-frame connectors some boxes on the corners and the front core support lower replaced with us car tool kin . well all the supports are from us car tool stage 1 and a kin support as well . then disc brake conversion on the nose . he wants to keep the small bolt pattern , so kh disc's on the nose and a rebuilt power brake setup and new brake lines with prop valve as well .

that 69 d200 crewcab runs great , just my old 64 d100 ate a tranny . grabbed another from the yard . so it back , but still has some trans issues . so i'm got another one getting built . then in with another . would not be so bad , just have to stand the trans on the bell side to get it started into the truck do to a cross member and brake cross over line . but i was able to put the later cross member in so it is stronger .

and that should be '' a bunch of stuff in it '' but i thought that the rear pump housing was butch built , lol . i never broke one before . sprags ya , drums n clutches . and a park pin sleeve as well .

and you guys its a word play , pomona is my street name . and my roadsters lic plate is '' miss el '' . so being weird as i'm . i've combined them together to be '' THE POMONAMISSEL '' lol . and those rears are 16'' dia by 13'' wide american magnesiums . what else ? lol .
DSC03442.JPG
DSC03440.JPG
DSC03441.JPG

oh ya , the miss el . well its a nick name , had a girl friend back when i started this machine . and i told her i'd name it after her , well her name was lisa . but went by the letter 'L' , and dmv had a miss l already . so miss el sounded the same . and it also applies to the rate of speed in which the roadster can travel . it should suck your eye balls into the back of your head , what do you guys think ? oh ya , i'm swapping out that wild 383 for an early blown chrysler hemi . a 354 stroked and bored to 371 n blown as well
DSC03403.JPG
. just as wild at this 383 . that wedge will find a home among my other rides i'm sure .

yes i agree , and i have another blown b motor . the intake is much shorter . the one under the blower in the roadster is a weld up cluge , its not a great performer either , bds **** . so i'm going to put the race hemi in it . it will swap between cars . until i just use a 291 desoto in the salt truck for bonny salt flats , which is just a couple events a year . and as i said it will have a blown 291 desoto in that 38 dodge p/u , for one class . the blown 371 (354) chrysler is for another engine class . i'm sure i'll have my hands full with just the p/u n that blown 291 desoto . as you know with a fresh racer . everything is hands on . that 383 needs a different manifold if its tobe a great runner . much like the hot heads intake i've got on the chrysler hemi . i don't have any pics of them since the heads and manifold got back from the porter . should shot some pics of that combo . well next on my list , lol .

Back