ANYBODY SEEN THIS '70 GT FOR SALE?

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
NOT MINE, just posting for our members in case they want to track this down...

Apologies if this has already been posted

70 Sport Fury GT that was a barn find of sorts. Was going to be gotten running, but now he says he can be convinced to sell. On the FB SF group page - scroll down. Poster's name is David Heitmeyer - not sure if he's a member here or not.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1826938500930479/user/100009540265448

It's a private group, so only members will be able to follow the link.

Can you pull some photos of the car off facebook?

Jeff

Sellers text, not mine !!!

My 1970 Sport Fury GT I have owned for 31 years! 77,000 miles 440 4 barrel verified by Gavier to be authentic. Produced in the Canadian plant for the US market. Found the car 8 miles from my house! One of five Alpine Whites produced in 70 and maybe the only one with burnt orange interior and burnt orange strobe stripes!
Here are all the additional pictures of my GT. Please do not request more pictures because these are all of them I am going to post. There is also an additional 70 Fury III parts car with no title included in deal that is virtually rust free from Florida that goes with the sale. Parts car is burnt orange exterior and burnt orange interior. Both vehicles have AM/8 track factory radios. Bring two trailers to take both cars home and cash. 15k USD

259553912_3022811334713512_5620489851980584988_n.jpg

259441404_3022811314713514_3957731773969347663_n.jpg

260409729_3024749011186411_6378631266132100794_n.jpg

260652445_3024748751186437_4676603921370171460_n.jpg

260374549_3024748767853102_8878334035723141789_n.jpg

260384683_3024748791186433_6459763578959685701_n.jpg

260404660_3024748837853095_3620886019634339543_n.jpg

260404558_3024749037853075_858099829320625879_n.jpg

260416707_3024748947853084_8096987302562258585_n.jpg

261968915_3024748571186455_1848545190472110184_n.jpg

Not a bad looking car.

The lower quarters look like they have been patched, but the rest appears to be pretty solid.

I'm not a huge fan of white cars, but I think this one would look sharp with the orange stripes and interior.

If indeed there were only five white GT's made in 1970 that would mean that almost all of them are still around. I know of at least two more white ones, maybe three.

Jeff

Looks like it's a real barn find, I wonder..... If he had it for 31 years is that 31 years of dust on it?:rolleyes:

Not me, Erik.

billy
70 Sport Fury GT collector

I never knew Windsor Ontario produced Fury GT. I thought they were all Belvidere OH. Learned something new.

No pics of the underside or typical rust areas, being an Ohio car I would want to see those areas. Price was right so the car sold right away.

I spoke with @70 Sport Suburban 2 weeks ago on the phone about this project and what it would take to restore it. I still have it stashed at his house for the time being. I managed to get it to his house before it snowed last winter and right now the snow is finally going away in Wisconsin. Cost in the restoration is obviously a big factor in this but my other concern is I don't want to just let anyone to work on it. I want all the work to be done correctly. I didn't realize how many decisions need to be made to pull off a restoration. The interior such as the seats and headliner are still original and in great shape so do I keep them or replace them with new material? With the body it needs some work and has been repainted once and we can still see where they taped over the original orange strobes. Should I retain the original strobes or completely re-do the entire paint and body? The biggest challenge for me right now is just determining exactly how much do I restore the car? The other challenge is mapping out who would actually do the work such as rebuilding the engine and trans, who would do the paint and body work etc... Whatever I decide to do I just want it done right. I have even considered just rebuilding the engine and just driving it as is and leaving it at that.

The option that I have been mostly considering is just dropping it off with @Fury Pursuit and having him do all the work. I know the car would be in good hands here with a c-body expert. Trev told me he has a few projects he needs to clear out first but he knows what he is doing when it comes to c bodies and restoring them so this option is where I have been leaning for some time. It is the least stressful option for me.

I have another member here, @c-barge who is interested in buying it possibly just so that he can corner the market on the orange strobe 70 GT cars. I have to admit it would be an awesome sight to have both orange strobe 70 GT cars (one black and my white one) next to each other at a car show. So that may be a possibility but if I ever sell any of my GT cars (I am up to 6 now: two 70s and four 71s) @70 Sport Suburban has first option to buy if I ever decide to sell and then I go outward from there.

Thanks for checking in and hopefully I can make some progress soon.

I spoke with @70 Sport Suburban 2 weeks ago on the phone about this project and what it would take to restore it. I still have it stashed at his house for the time being. I managed to get it to his house before it snowed last winter and right now the snow is finally going away in Wisconsin. Cost in the restoration is obviously a big factor in this but my other concern is I don't want to just let anyone to work on it. I want all the work to be done correctly. I didn't realize how many decisions need to be made to pull off a restoration. The interior such as the seats and headliner are still original and in great shape so do I keep them or replace them with new material? With the body it needs some work and has been repainted once and we can still see where they taped over the original orange strobes. Should I retain the original strobes or completely re-do the entire paint and body? The biggest challenge for me right now is just determining exactly how much do I restore the car? The other challenge is mapping out who would actually do the work such as rebuilding the engine and trans, who would do the paint and body work etc... Whatever I decide to do I just want it done right. I have even considered just rebuilding the engine and just driving it as is and leaving it at that.

The option that I have been mostly considering is just dropping it off with @Fury Pursuit and having him do all the work. I know the car would be in good hands here with a c-body expert. Trev told me he has a few projects he needs to clear out first but he knows what he is doing when it comes to c bodies and restoring them so this option is where I have been leaning for some time. It is the least stressful option for me.

I have another member here, @c-barge who is interested in buying it possibly just so that he can corner the market on the orange strobe 70 GT cars. I have to admit it would be an awesome sight to have both orange strobe 70 GT cars (one black and my white one) next to each other at a car show. So that may be a possibility but if I ever sell any of my GT cars (I am up to 6 now: two 70s and four 71s) @70 Sport Suburban has first option to buy if I ever decide to sell and then I go outward from there.

It might be helpful for you to talk to me to help you make a decision. You are going to need quarters, outer wheel houses, trunk floor extensions and more.

6 cars are a lot to maintenance. 4 cars was hard for me. Since the car is from a Canada assembly plant, you may want to consider selling it to a Canadian member, c-barge or someone else.

As far as restoration, I think doing the minimum is best, because it preserves originality.

Back