Anyone ever put a ls lsx in a c body

Kevin

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done it and what the positives and negatives were.

chevy engine...
would need to mod engine mounts..driveshaft...add new fast system and yer rockin

would say stay mopar but the lsx may be sittin about or handy

Just wondering if anyone has done it and what the positives and negatives were.
Yes, it has been done many times and the people who have done it have done it many times more after that. It's not very difficult in that all you need is an Oak tree with an overhead pulley hanging from a stout branch and a welder.

You can get more info over here and tell them that FCBO sent you.

smiley_sign.0799902001454166089.gif

Ever plop your junk on a running table saw?

WHY NOT?

Because IT DOESNT BELONG THERE.

BURN.... BURN IN FIRE.... If you cant build Mopar, go Chivys then...

Hey Kevin, what do you think the positives and negatives would be? You must have been thinking about it for a bit. For me I wouldn't consider it but would like to hear your thoughts.

Now that the bulk of the usual "why" and jokes are mostly out of the way.

Everyone is doing LS swaps with for all kinds of cars. I bet if I look hard enough I'll find a Reliant Robin with a LS swap done on it...

It seems everyone wants to go that route to be be unique with their car and the availability of performance parts for these motors make them a good candidate for swaps.

That being said, Would you really have anything special? I think every time that I go to car shows... oh theres another vehicle with an LS Swap. The all seem the same, never completely clean and don't really look like they belong.

If you are looking for modern muscle motors then why not look at the modern Hemi engines. (they make motor mounts for them)

If you are just looking for modern conveniences that come with modern cars like fuel injection, you can add that to the car with something like Fitech.

If you really want to have an LS in the car and have the fabrication skills, time, and a bunch of money. Go ahead and do the LS Swap. It is your car and be sure to take a bunch a pictures and keep a running thread with all of the progress. Maybe it will start a trend...

Myself, I wouldn't I don't think anything beats the sound of a mopar big block motor... I will be going fuel injection at some point but wont switch the motor out.

Well thats all I got.

Eric

The derby guys run Chevy engines and drivelines along with their usually better cooling systems than ma ever had in the Imperials they run, where allowed. So go pay your local derby a visit, and they will know more than most anyone........................

deleted
Reason,,totally irrelevant

Last edited:
Some of you are very funny Everyone forgets that people have always swaped engines for one reason or another.
In the early years it was flatheads.Then the v8 crowd with olds and chevys.After rhat the hemis got swapped into anything with wheels.

I was just asking because i already know some of the other answers and they all have pluses and minuses.

Bolting in another big block is easy.But no fi and questionable pistons under boost unless you build one from scratch.

Modern hemi not much support and no manifolds also questionable pistons under boost above about 550 hp.

Ls engine has great performance potential stock.Add turbos and a tune and see 900 to 1000 at the crank.Tons of aftermarket support.
But I dont know what else as far as how the engine trans etc and accessorys would work out.Which is why I asked the question.

Im not saying Im not going to go with another mopar in it.Just wanted to explore other avenues before I decide.

I've said it before, whoever marketed the 350 chevy (and now the LS) for use in other manufacturers cars was a marketing genius! Or is it just the cheapness to build?
Now that being said, I don't see the advantage of using a different manufacturers engine in anything but that manufacturers line of cars / pickups. I see a place for the pure original car as well as modified day 2 type of cars. Both welcome in my driveway.
Talk with any machinist worth his salt, When you build a mopar engine you have something worth while when done. There is no substitute for quality. To each his own, your car, time, money. When I view a car with a different manufacturers engine installed, regardless of quality of craftsmanship, I don't look for very long. Best of luck in your build.

I love the LS engine family, but swapping it into a mopar... I am not saying it can't be done but what are you looking for hot street car, drag car, cruiser. If you are looking to grab one at the local salvage yard, throw some turbo's on it and make power I guess it's the one. I know there are lot's of write up's about I made 900-1100 hp with a junkyard engine but I don't know about longevity of the engine at that power level.
I still wouldn't over look the Gen 3 Hemi. There is quite a bit of aftermarket support for it. Either way you choose it's not going to be cheap and depending on your skill level it wont be easy. The most simple route would be to work with what is there. Just my .02. Thanks for reading.

I guess I don't understand why anyone would post such a question, absent any detail? What good are these answers?

Hey everybody...!

Should I buy a new laptop? I don't know what color to paint my living room. Do I stop for gas today, or wait till Monday?

These are all real questions I've asked myself recently. If you don't know that my laptop has a bad battery, you can't begin to answer. If you don't know what my living room furniture looks like, you can't make a guess. If you don't know where I'll drive this weekend, who knows if I need gas?

Similarly, I have no idea what kind of C-body the OP has, what's currently under the hood, what he intends to use it for, or if he has the capability to make an engine swap.

In other words, this post proves that there ARE stupid questions and it should have remained an unanswered newbie post.

Back