Anyone have a firmfeel sway bar on their car?

moonrunner1972

Reaction score
:tiptoe:I just purchased a 1 1/4' front sway bar for my 1973 Polara. Has anyone else out there installed one on their 69'-73' c-body? When I spoke with the company this afternoon the tech rep mentioned that in order to install the bracket you must drill holes in the LCA. The idea of drilling holes ANYWHERE on my car puts me on edge so obviously I have some reservations. Any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.:sSig_thankyou:

I have a 1.25 ff sway bar on my 67, holes through the LCA were fine, gotta mark your holes with car on ground or they may be in wrong place. Bolts through LCA is better then clamping to strut rods IMO. Here are pic on my 67

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

picture

:coffee: Here is a picture Dick from Firm Feel sent me. The photo doesn't show the shock absorber bolt clearly. I assume that you must drill through the LCA under the shock absorber bolt hole. My fear is that I will drill the hole incorrectly or off center. Does the bolt pass through both sides of the LCA? Is their a template provided with the kit? If not do you simply bolt up the sway bar with the bracket on the end link then mark the holes through the bracket then drill? Is this done with the weight of the car on the wheels or with the car on stands? Thanks again :yourock:

SWAY BAR.jpg

strut rods

:read2: Furyos George, I noticed that your strut rods look new. Are these a set of NOS ones you had been saving or are they manufactured by an aftermarket source? I would like to know where I could get a set for my car.:upside down::smileinbox:

pretty much as you said, you need to mount everyting, then mark where the brackets go with the weight on the wheels, you only need to put the bolt through the first side of the LCA,and yes it is pretty much under the lower shock bolt. my strut rods are heavy duty items made by Just Suspension, im not shure if they still make them tho, they are thicker then stock, my old ones were bent like bannanas when i pulled them out. My torsions are firm feel 1.12 with a flatter hex, sway bar is ff 1.25, and shocks are bilsteins

Back