Anyone have tinted windows?

NCGNETO

Reaction score
I am trying to decide weather or not to Tint my windows on my 78 Newport. I'm trying to keep it mostly stock yet still want to upgrade a little. My sports car has limo tinted windows but I am not looking to go that dark. Anyone have tint on their car? Just trying to get an idea of what it would look like on my HUGE car.

Here's what a "68" Imperial looks like tinted. This car came out of Arizona and the tint really saved the interior.

003.jpg

003.jpg

tint always looks sharp. it just depends on what you can get away with in your state. i was pulled over by the highway patrol once and they scraped the tint right off my windows as he said the car didn't come with tint for that year and was not legal in his state

tint always looks sharp. it just depends on what you can get away with in your state. i was pulled over by the highway patrol once and they scraped the tint right off my windows as he said the car didn't come with tint for that year and was not legal in his state

Hmmm, I probably would have taken a beating but I'd think that's destruction of property. Might be considered illegal but it's still your proerty..

Hmmm, I probably would have taken a beating but I'd think that's destruction of property. Might be considered illegal but it's still your proerty..

I don't think so, they seize drugs, take alcohol and fireworks out of a car If you yell thief I don't think anyone will be listening.

hte big deal is a cop walking up to a window and not knowing whats waiting for them on the other side and being blown away by your latest modern designer fire arm

I dont really care for tint on old cars, I dont actually care for dark tint period. 35% is the darkest I like which is the legal limit in CT. Heres a list by state.

http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

Ive learned most police officers dont know the actual laws regarding tint.

in Ct its 35% on the side windows (SUVs can be darker behind the passengers) 35% to the AS1 line on the windshield and anything goes on the rear window.

Remember if your trying to keep heat and UV out its not just % that matters, Do your home work on tint brands, some are much better then other but you will pay for it.

We use Suntek and Hooperoptik and our prices start at $290 a car

Back