Anyone have tti headers or exhaust on their C body?

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Does anyone have tti headers or an exhaust system from them on your car? I'll be getting both for my 66 Polara this coming spring and was wondering if there is any surprises, tips or tricks. I have experience with B body headers, not sure what might be different.

I have a set of Schumacher shorty headers (made by TTI) on a 65 Sport Fury w/440. A little tight on passenger side but they still clear everything. I am upgrading to a supercharged engine and bought a set of full length TTI headers for the C body but I haven't installed them yet as the engine is out of the car. You really can't go wrong with TTI. you should be able to get a copy of their instructions on line. I have a custom exhaust on the car so I will only be using the headers,

Same here. Long tubes (Hedmen) 66 Sport Fury 440, but they came with the car when I bought it so can't provide a part number. The exhaust is tti custom 3" all the way back with H pipe with a set of 3" Ultra Flo's .

I have a set of Schumacher shorty headers (made by TTI) on a 65 Sport Fury w/440. A little tight on passenger side but they still clear everything.

<snip>
Interesting. I think TTI only lists shorty headers for A/B/E bodies on their website (which I found odd, since it seems to me that C-bodies would be generally more interested in shortys than in full tube). Do you have C-Body specific, or do they just fit a C-body anyway?

Same here. Long tubes (Hedmen) 66 Sport Fury 440, but they came with the car when I bought it so can't provide a part number. The exhaust is tti custom 3" all the way back with H pipe with a set of 3" Ultra Flo's .

How do the ultra flo's sound? I have some Flowmaster's laying around I could use or go with what comes in the tti kit, dynaflow's I think. The glasspacks that exit at the axle have gotten old to my ears, but sounds great at idle!

I have a set of Schumacher shorty headers (made by TTI) on a 65 Sport Fury w/440. A little tight on passenger side but they still clear everything. I am upgrading to a supercharged engine and bought a set of full length TTI headers for the C body but I haven't installed them yet as the engine is out of the car. You really can't go wrong with TTI. you should be able to get a copy of their instructions on line. I have a custom exhaust on the car so I will only be using the headers,
Would you want to sell the shorty headers after you put on the long tubes? Drop me a pm if your interested in selling them.

My 68 Monaco 500 w/440 has HP manifolds with a 2.5" TTi system and H pipe. Be sure to give TTI the casting #s and they will send you everything you need. Installation is a simple bolt on affair.

My buddy has the whole tti kit, headers, pipes and mufflers on a 66 Fury III rag top with a 383 and Eddie heads.

He said the stuff all bolted on, no muss no fuss, just like it should.

He also said it was $$ but because it actually fit, worth every penny.

Kevin

How do the ultra flo's sound? I have some Flowmaster's laying around I could use or go with what comes in the tti kit, dynaflow's I think. The glasspacks that exit at the axle have gotten old to my ears, but sounds great at idle!

They sound great to my ears, very deep and throaty.

65 exhaust.jpgI have the Headers and full 2 1/2 inch exhaust on my 65 Newport. I didn't install it but the shop said it fit well. We had the wrong trans mount at first but when that was corrected it was perfect. I also added Dougs electric cut outs.

65 exhaust.jpg

My 68 Monaco 500 w/440 has HP manifolds with a 2.5" TTi system and H pipe. Be sure to give TTI the casting #s and they will send you everything you need. Installation is a simple bolt on affair.

I'll be ordering the Full tti exhaust, minus mufflers, for jazebelle, (69 300), next month. I have a set of 69 Cbody HP manifolds to install and a pair of mufflers that will keep things hush-hush.

Interesting. I think TTI only lists shorty headers for A/B/E bodies on their website (which I found odd, since it seems to me that C-bodies would be generally more interested in shortys than in full tube). Do you have C-Body specific, or do they just fit a C-body anyway?

I met Mr Schumacher at Chryslers at Carlisle some years back. At the time, he was advertising the shorty headers for an A body w/ 440. He had a k frame with engine/headers mocked up. I measured his setup and went back and measured my Fury (actually, back and forth a few times). I didn't see any reason they wouldn't fit but he was reluctant to sell me a set because he had never tried them on a C body. Well they fit great. I sent him some pictures of my install and eventually he started advertising them as fitting the C body. If you plan on making 550+ Horse Power, you will probably want the TTI long tubes. In over 15 years, I have only used one set of header gaskets, the first set I installed them with. These are awesome headers and I would recommend them highly.

I'll be ordering the Full tti exhaust, minus mufflers, for jazebelle, (69 300), next month. I have a set of 69 Cbody HP manifolds to install and a pair of mufflers that will keep things hush-hush.

Pictures please when the install is complete.... with a full report of course

View attachment 41538I have the Headers and full 2 1/2 inch exhaust on my 65 Newport. I didn't install it but the shop said it fit well. We had the wrong trans mount at first but when that was corrected it was perfect. I also added Dougs electric cut outs.

Man, I'm lovin those cut outs! I could imagine sitting at a light with a Jippy Jap along side and opening them up. Guy would crap his pants!

I have a set of TTI's on my 66 318 Poly Great set of headers had a little issue getting them in I tried to stab them with the engine and had to pull the passenger side off as it actually wraps under the torsion bar. The best way I think to install is pull your torsion bars and they will slide right in.423954_3556232990752_1197348746_n.jpg

423954_3556232990752_1197348746_n.jpg

Back