Anyone have tti headers or exhaust on their C body?

Have you ever had one of those cut-outs stick open? Happened to a friend of mine and his '62 Max Wedge clone. He drove it to Van Nuys from Bakersfield to attend a Fling. While showing off the car at the show he opened them up. When he went to drive home, one would not close!! He drove all the way back to the Bake with both open - why only have one open? Yes, he was pulled over. :icon_fU: Ended up having to buy a new one; the other just completely failed.

View attachment 80822 View attachment 80823
Haha. Awesome. For some reason that reminds me of when we would run the Albatross on open headers... that was the last straw for the neighbors.
:rofl:

I have TTI's 2.5" exhaust system with H pipe on my 67 300. It's been on the car almost 10 years now! It's well worth the money. Sounds good, not too loud and no drone at hiway speeds. It does free up some horsepower too. I have a 440 TNT with the stock hi-po manifolds.

I was just looking at my 65 Monaco for a dual exh. installation. I have the orig. single system.
The missing left side hanger brackets had me wondering. Looks like TTI has all that covered.
Thanks for the thread and pictures.

4 pages of C-body header posts. I thought it would die before 10 posts.
facepalm_by_rolzor.gif

I have TTI's 2.5" exhaust system with H pipe on my 67 300. It's been on the car almost 10 years now! It's well worth the money. Sounds good, not too loud and no drone at hiway speeds. It does free up some horsepower too. I have a 440 TNT with the stock hi-po manifolds.
Ditto here with my 68 Monaco. Only difference I went with non-TTI SS 40's for mufflers. Louder but what better for announcing the arrival or departure of the 440?

Back