Anyone heard a dynomax bullet muffler on a 440?

peterlucas

Reaction score
am doing the exhaust on my new yorker and eveyone here in new zealand uses flowmasters , i was thinking a 3" dynomax bullet muffler , anyone heard one before?

I don't understand everybody's obsession with installing loud exhausts on luxury cars.
It's as bad/illogical as a fart can on a beater '89 Civic....

The flowmasters on my Ny'er are about as loud as a stock B/E body exhaust. Maybe a little louder at WOT. I'm rarely driving at WOT. Nice soothing sound at an idle. The stock exhaust with the defective cat sounded like a bad Japanese vacuum cleaner. Not to mention with a combination of other problems, TQ, lean burn, I was getting 8.5 mpg.

I have flowmasters as well. I don't think my car would pass strictly as a "luxury" car, but I just like the way they sound behind the 383 at speed...with regard to the ricer cars, THEY sound (and look) ridiculous.

I use the dynomax race bullets as resonators to tone down the turbo mufflers on my 68 300 and my 69 road runner. Works really well.

I don't understand everybody's obsession with installing loud exhausts on luxury cars.
It's as bad/illogical as a fart can on a beater '89 Civic....

I completely agree. I hate loud exhausts on most cars but especially on big boats. Seems silly.

Back