Anyone know about loan fraud reporting?

Knebel

Reaction score
Hi,

I know that probably dosent belong here and i am definately not looking for legal advice!

I am wondering about if anyone has any insight on where to report someone doing tax fraud and VA Loan fraud (lying on a loan application, not declaring rental property and such). If anyone knows, please PM me and i could describe more. I am looking for sources, i know what to do to report to the irs but not sure about the loan.

Thank you!

Tax issues go to IRS....
Any VA issues would go to the VA Inspector General ..
VA Inspector General Hotline (53E)
810 Vermont Ave., NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20420
800-488-8244

What is more of a concern is why YOU are sticking your nose into someones else affairs ....

Thank you! Well, someone elses affair.... you dont know the whole story and i will keep that private. I just saying that it is something which had a major impact into my families life. Commando, you saing its not worth reporting? Unless it goes into the million dollars probably?

Thank you! Well, someone elses affair.... you dont know the whole story and i will keep that private. I just saying that it is something which had a major impact into my families life. Commando, you saing its not worth reporting? Unless it goes into the million dollars probably?
In civil disputes, the party with the most money wins, it has little to do with right or wrong. In most cases you are better off to walk away.

I am just trying to do the right thing and get some peace of mind. I really dont want this person to get away with what they are doing/did...

But yeah, they are quite wealthy and think they are above everything, including the law.

If someone is defrauding the V.A. report it. The government has screwed us vets enough.

Don't feel singled out, they are screwing everybody !
smiley-sex012.gif

Well, okay. i KNOW that this person used a va loan to purchase a property for someone to pay rent to live in. The person and her children have been declared as dependants (on loan appl.) Which they werent. The rent has not been declared as rent and was half the mortgage. Pretty much the intention was for the tenant to "own" that property one day. Then, after some time, the owner decides to sell in order to make a huge profit. The initial investor had concerns about the property being used in a fraudulent manner and a letter was written by the purchaser stating no such intend.

I could prove all of this. What do I do?

Well, okay. i KNOW that this person used a va loan to purchase a property for someone to pay rent to live in. The person and her children have been declared as dependants (on loan appl.) Which they werent. The rent has not been declared as rent and was half the mortgage. Pretty much the intention was for the tenant to "own" that property one day. Then, after some time, the owner decides to sell in order to make a huge profit. The initial investor had concerns about the property being used in a fraudulent manner and a letter was written by the purchaser stating no such intend.

I could prove all of this. What do I do?
Find a lawyer in your area that will give you a free consultation. In fact find several, waste a day or two on research with them and don't sign or pay for anything. Take the information you get from them and do some internet research on your own. So far you haven't committed to a fight, at least you should have some clue what the true legalities and likely outcomes are.
The stuff you are talking about has various state laws, so even your advice from someone who has "been there" wouldn't necessarily work for you.

In my very limited experience, it has never been a fight worth pursuing. If you can get a government agency to take up the fight, they would take over. If they did pursue this issue, they would most likely be very slow... and the outcome may only be a fine or some other small penance. A judgement in your favor may get you $5 a month for life, or until it expires and costs more money to pursue if they do buy new assets to attach. Sorry to say, you are probably just going to have to call this a lesson learned.

Yeah. I am not after anything, already had hired a lawyer for some other issue regarding that person and that didnt turn out the way it was supposed to, nothing lost, nothing gained. I thought that capital crimes would be prosecuted by the Departement of Justice, thats all.

Two traveling monks reached a town where there was a young woman waiting to step out of her sedan chair. The rains had made deep puddles and she couldn’t step across without spoiling her silken robes. She stood there, looking very cross and impatient. She was scolding her attendants. They had nowhere to place the packages they held for her, so they couldn’t help her across the puddle.

The younger monk noticed the woman, said nothing, and walked by. The older monk quickly picked her up and put her on his back, transported her across the water, and put her down on the other side. She didn’t thank the older monk, she just shoved him out of the way and departed.

As they continued on their way, the young monk was brooding and preoccupied. After several hours, unable to hold his silence, he spoke out. “That woman back there was very selfish and rude, but you picked her up on your back and carried her! Then she didn’t even thank you!

“I set the woman down hours ago,” the older monk replied. “Why are you still carrying her?”

It is easy. The person whom signed saying they would live In the property obviously lied. You turn them Into the Lender whom lent them the money. Owner occupied is not the same as Investor. The Bank that closed the loan, as well as the Title company can be held liable. The Feds take a dim view of loan Fraud.
I have sold over 800 Houses in 23 years, and I know what I'm talking about.

Commando, thats a great story. I appriciated that and will most likely take that advice. Polara66hadtop, thank you also for your input, i think i will just let it go and mark it as "lesson learned".

Kinda old thread, I hate that about threads noted at the bottom of current threads. Anyway -

If you have sufficient info/details on the individual that has committed the fraud, send a letter to the IRS Fraud address detailing 'your' transgressions, your change of heart about cheating the system, and that you want to get everything cleared up to preserve immunity to any criminal penalties -- and request an appointment with a local IRS branch auditor. Ask what paperwork you'll need to collect for them to review. Make sure to put the correct contact info in there also as a courtesy. Even if they don't believe the letter, they'll surely probe around a bit and might just do an audit anyway, figuring where there's smoke there's fire.

Assemble all of this with blue latex gloves (although probably not necessary), mail it from a blue USPS box, and walk away.

Wait, you are saying .... lol. Thats a good idea! However, id love to see the person having to pay a HEFTY fine for this. Wont happen, so I have just let it go actually. Too much stress for nothing.

The other option is that this is an election year. Go to your congressman, senator etc that is running for re-election, and don't stop with one. They would LOVE to have a feather in their cap that they stopped someone from defrauding the V.A. Unfortunately you have to think like the sleeze balls. Right or wrong seldom matters but politics always matters. ....Perception always trumps reality.....

Another suggestion is to write letters and copy multiple politicians as well as the VA, the cost of a stamp is cheap. Telephone calls and even the "official" complaint web interfaces are easily ignored. It's best to create a CYA/Pissing contest to see who can react quickest. If all the other outlaw politicians know they are being watched by each other they will jump a little higher.

Back